Small yellow potatoes and tender broccolini spears are roasted to bring out their maximum flavor in this easy recipe. Sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and drizzled in a light mustard sauce, Parmesan Potatoes with Roasted Broccolini is the perfect vegetable side dish!
There are the first shoots of green grass, tulips and daffodils. There’s the first round of major yard clean up, which in my case involves many, many tree branches that crashed to the ground from the weight of heavy snow.
This will likely result in my first backache.
And the other day I saw my first ladybug!
The tiny little gal was hanging on for dear life on the edge of some concrete at the local CVS – straddled between the parking lot and the sidewalk – not a good place for a ladybug to be.
I spotted her somehow, just a tiny red speck, and as I held out my thumb, she jumped right on top.
I helped her tumble off into the safety of the nearby bushes, and walked back to my car feeling pretty good about myself.
Later that day I went to lunch with my Mom, and when she went to the restroom, I ate most of her french fries. First time this calendar year, I’ll have you know 🙂
This vegetarian recipe came to me when there was “nothing to eat” in the house, and the combination is dead simple – small yellow potatoes are roasted in olive oil and finished with Parmesan cheese.
Broccolini – a vegetable similar to broccoli with smaller flowers and stalks – go in the oven too. The edges get hot and crispy and this is a very good thing.
The roasted potatoes with Parmesan melt in your mouth, and the broccolini is crisp and fresh. Pull the whole thing together with a drizzle of light and lemony mustard sauce and you’re all set.
As I’m sitting here telling you about it, I going to get in my kitchen and make it again – it’s the perfect light dinner for spring.
More Recipes to Try:
Spring Vegetable Frittatas: These little quiches are wonderful for a quick breakfast or the buffet table!
Superfood Salad: So good, and so healthy too!
Zucchini Potato Frittata: One of my favorites, packed with veg and great for make ahead!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes: Easy and absolutely delicious!
Roasted Spring Vegetables with Vinaigrette: Roasted vegetables that taste as good as they look…
If you’ve tried Parmesan Roasted Potatoes with Broccolini or any other recipe on Studio Delicious, please rate the recipe and & I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Looking for more tips and fresh, homemade recipes? Join my email list, tag and follow me on Instagram using #studiodeliciouseats, follow my boards on Pinterest, and see what I’m up to on Facebook and Twitter!
If you’ve tried (bold) or any other recipe on Studio Delicious, please rate the recipe and & I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Parmesan Potatoes with Roasted Broccolini
- 1 bunch Broccolini, washed, dried, ends trimmed, leaves removed. See recipe note
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Yellow potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4" rounds
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Parsley Flakes, dried
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- MUSTARD SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Parsley Flakes, dried
- Heat oven to 400. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Dry the peeled and sliced potatoes with a paper towel and place in a medium sized bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat the potatoesAdd the parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet with the sliced potatoes laying flat next to each other.
- Place in lower rack of oven and roast until lightly brown on the bottom, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and turn each potato slice over with tongs. Return to oven for another 10 minutes or so, until the edges begin to get crispy and brown. Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and set aside for a few minutes while you prepare the broccolini.
- PREPARE THE BROCCOLINI
- Place the prepped broccolini spears in the same medium bowl you used for the potatoes. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, pepper, salt.
- Place the broccolini flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven, bake for about 15 minutes. Turn with tongs, then add the roasted potatoes with the broccolini on the baking tray, and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle with the mustard sauce.
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Whisk all ingredients together with a fork until smooth.
- Super important to read the whole recipe before you begin
- Pay attention to the ingredient list and photos for the recipe
- If possible, prep your ingredients a little before you start
- Always use a sharp knife for safety
- Use the size of pan called for in the recipe
- For savory recipes, taste and season as you go
- Buy fresh, organic ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible
Source: Studio Delicious