Lemony Hot Artichoke Dip is a party staple, and this – my favorite version, is brightened up with fresh lemon Italian Parsley. This is an easy hot party dip recipe that’s baked with Parmesan cheese for extra flavor, and it’s always a hit.
I’ve eaten this hot artichoke dip by myself for dinner more than once.
I’m not ashamed to tell you this, because this homemade dip is:
- SO tasty and warm and satisfying with a lemony bright flavor
- Amazingly perfect with a side of toasted bread
- It’s an easy dip! For yourself or for a small party
Plus, this hot party dip has just the right amount of cheesy goodness, and this is an important fact.
- Drain some canned artichokes, chop and mix with some seasonings, including a finely minced shallot.
Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice and mayonnaise for creaminess
- Add some grated Parmesan cheese and some chopped Italian parsley
- Bake and serve!
This dip has so few ingredients, it’s no problem to make it a little ahead of time.
Put it together in the morning or even the day ahead and bake it when you’re ready.
This is a party appetizer that tastes best right out of the oven!
More Serving Tips for Lemony Hot Artichoke Dip
- My favorite way to eat this dip is with warm, toasted sourdough bread.
- But it is also very tasty with a good, salty potato chip.
- A sturdy cracker also works.
- Cut vegetables like carrot and celery and zucchini are great too, and lower in carbs.
MORE APPETIZER IDEAS
Lemon Artichoke Dip
- Prepare a 10"x 2" x 7" ovenproof dish or glass pie pan by smearing a generous teaspoon of olive oil on the bottom so nothing sticks with baking.
- 2 Artichoke hearts, drained 14.5 ounce cans, water packed
- 1 tablespoon Shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Pepper, freshly ground if possible
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice, freshly squuezed
- 1 cup Mayonnaise, light or non-dairy
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated Reserve 1/3 cup of cheese for the top.
- 1 Italian Parsley, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Drain the artichoke hearts in a colander, and use a paper towel to gently squeeze and dry them completely. Chop them roughly into bite-size pieces.
- Put the drained and dried artichokes in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add the minced shallot.
- Add the red pepper flakes, salt, garlic powder, ground pepper.
- Add the lemon juice and Mayonnaise or mayo substitute, if using.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley.
- Combine the ingredients completely. Spoon the mixture in the baking dish and top with the resered Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until heated all the way through.
- Finish the dish by turning the oven OFF and the broiler ON for 3-6 minutes on the middle rack of your oven to brown the top of the dip.
- Remove from oven and serve with crackers, bread and cut vegetables.
- Serve this dip with crackers or warm toasted bread slices, and fresh cut vegetables.
- This recipe works fine with a non-dairy mayonnaise.
- This recipe was updated in December 2019
- Super important to read the whole recipe before you begin
- Pay attention to the ingredient list and photos for the recipe
- If possible, prep your ingredients a little before you start
- Always use a sharp knife for safety
- Use the size of pan called for in the recipe
- For savory recipes, taste and season as you go
- Buy fresh, organic ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible
SOURCE: Studio Delicious