Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Yogurt Sauce are a delicious balance of sweet and spicy with a cool hit of lime-infused yogurt drizzled over the top just prior to serving.
Well, friends, this recipe title is quite a mouthful, but it’s worth it, I promise.
- These flavors are amazing…the spicy and rich potatoes with the cool, lime infused yogurt sauce, so perfect.
- This is easy to put together and uses everyday ingredients.
- It’s delightful side-dish for so many occasions! Double the recipe if you’ve got company! Lots of exclamation marks!!
How to Make Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Yogurt Sauce
- Sweet Potatoes: Want to know what’s the difference between sweet potatoes and yams? (The folks at The Kitchn have a good explanation if you’re interested. )
- Honey: I use a local variety of orange blossom honey, and it’s amazing. Any honey will work, and if it’s too thick, microwave it for a sec.
- Yogurt: Use plain yogurt, and a thick and creamy greek style, if possible. This is no time for low fat, but if you choose to, note that your yogurt sauce will be thinner.
- Lime: Fresh squeezed is best, and gives great flavor to the yogurt sauce.
- Green Onion: Maybe you call them scallions? Either way, we want them sliced very thin. Garnish with Italian Parsley too.
Leave the Skin Off or On?
It doesn’t really matter.
Yay for that. This recipe isn’t fussy that way.
I took some of the skin on, randomly, with a vegetable peeler (a small knife will work too.)
Serving Ideas for this Recipe
- These roasted sweet potatoes are a welcome vegetable side dish throughout the fall and winter for almost any meal.
- Okay maybe not pasta 🙂
- Try them alongside chicken, fish or turkey dinners served family style on a big, pretty platter.
- Great on the buffet table too.
- How about serving it with this Pan Roasted Pear Salad?
More Recipes to Try:
If you’ve tried Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Yogurt Sauce, or any recipe on Studio Delicious, please leave me a comment below, I’d love to hear about it!
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Yogurt Sauce
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- For the YOGURT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 3 tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped fine
- 1 Green Onion, thin sliced white part only
- Prep the SWEET POTATOES
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash, scrub and trim the ends off the potatoes. Peel some of skin off with a small knife or potato peeler, then cut in half length-wise. See recipe notes. Cut each piece into two or three wedges and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the honey, olive oil, crushed red pepper and salt, and toss the potatoes together with your hands until the mixture is combined.
- Place the potatoes on the lined baking sheet, scraping any of the olive oil mixture on the baking sheet too.
- Roast the potatoes on the bottom rack of the oven, turning gently once half-way through. Total time is 35-45 minutes, and this will differ depending on your oven. Look for fork-tender wedges that are slightly brown and crispy on the edges and sides.
- Remove from oven, arrange on a platter and serve with yogurt sauce on the top or on the side or both.
- Make The YOGURT SAUCE
- Combine the yogurt, lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Spoon the yogurt over the Sweet Potatoes for serving, along with a sprinkle of chopped Italian Parsley and sliced green onion.
- You can use Yams in this recipe if you prefer, they are just as good!
- I peel some of the skin off the potatoes, randomly and not perfectly for a rustic look. You can skip this step if you want and use the potatoes unpeeled.
- This recipe was updated in November 2019.