Here’s a classic, easy idea…. this Turkey Burger Sliders Recipe is a great to have on the menu for parties or anytime you need a hearty, crowd-pleasing appetizer or main course!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
When we’re thinking about easy recipes for gatherings, sliders are one of the best things you can make because they’re hearty, filling, delicious and fun all at the same time!
Here’s a few other good reasons to make them:
- You can make these turkey sliders all at the same time on one sheet pan! No grilling necessary.
- One recipe makes 12 sliders, and it’s easy to double. As burger recipes go, this is great news!
- We’ll use soft Hawaiian rolls for this easy recipe, which is never a bad idea.
- These are great to serve for any gathering, everyone loves to eat their own little turkey burger!
- If turkey burgers are your thing, you’ve got to try these, with or without the cranberry relish. Seriously good 🙂
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the full recipe and list of instructions, please scroll to the recipe card below.
- Ground Turkey: A full package of lean turkey burger meat is what we need
- Green Onion: Sliced thin for a punch of flavor
- Italian Parsley: Fresh parsley is the best for a little acidity and flavor
- Cheese: Cheddar or Colby are great here
- Egg: To keep the meat patties moist
- Mustard: Traditional yellow gives the burgers a little flavor boost
- Seasonings: Freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, kosher salt
- Bread Crumbs: Just a little to bind the meat patties together
- Small Soft Dinner Rolls: Mandatory! Try the Hawaiian dinner rolls from the grocery store. You can also use mini burger buns (if you can find them) 🙂
Step-By Step Instructions
To make the burger patties, here’s all you do:
- Place the ground meat in a large bowl
- Add in the egg, parsley, seasonings, mustard, bread crumbs and onion
- Toss together with clean hands, lightly mixing the ingredients just until they come together
4. Form them into 12 patties (a little smaller than golf balls) then place them on a large baking sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper.
5. When the burgers are close to being fully cooked, pull them out of the oven and add the cheese.
6. Put them back in the oven for a minute or two until the cheese is melted.
7. Toast the soft rolls under the broiler of your oven, then place turkey burgers on a roll with butter lettuce, sliced tomato and condiments. Delish!
Tips and Possible Variations
- For the cheese, use pre-sliced Cheddar or Colby sandwich cheese broken into four pieces, then place two pieces on each patty
- Regular yellow or Dijon Mustard works great in this recipe
- Use a small amount (1 tablespoon) of regular white onion or shallot instead of green onion
- Try lean ground beef in this recipe instead of ground turkey
- Toast the slider buns with a little olive oil drizzled on top under the broiler for a couple of minutes just before assembling
- These mini turkey burgers are cooked when they reach an internal temperature of 165 (check if you want using a meat thermometer).
- Cook the burgers in a large skillet if you don’t feel like turning on the oven
- Sliders are a great way thing to serve at parties, simply because you can make a lot of them at once, and really, everyone just loves them.
- These would be great for bridal or wedding showers or a girl’s night
- Assemble the sliders and serve them on large or small trays with small bowls of ketchup and mustard….don’t forget the pickles, french fries or onion rings 🙂
- How about rounding out the menu with some other fun stuff, like this Brownie Batter Hummus (which just looks like brownie batter, btw) and everyone LOVES these cute Veggie Cups with Hummus almost as much as this hot Lemon Artichoke Dip.
- Add in a couple of fresh, crunchy salads like this Italian Green Bean Salad, this Broccoli Salad Recipe without Bacon, this Green Bean and Pea Salad or this fabulous & fresh Kale Salad.
- Better make a Pineapple Slushie to go with it too 🙂
- Add some chips and store-bought dips and plenty of cold drinks on ice.
- Don’t forget dessert! Everyone will say “wow!” to these Strawberry Cheesecakes in a Jar or this chocolate and peanut butter ice cream cake that’s super easy and absolutely wonderful AND can be made in advance.
- Or take a look at these favorite dessert recipes, all in one place.
- A warm fruit crisp is always in order, and this one with summer fruits is amazing!
- Or go casual and offer everyone these outstanding homemade chocolate chip cookies, or these delightful peanut butter cookies. Sounds like a great spread!
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure can. People will love them, too!
The prep work on the meat mixture can be done in advance, and you can even shape the burger patties. You can also wash and prep the vegetables and keep them covered in a medium bowl in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Yep. Here’s some ideas: Honey mustard with a thin slice of pineapple, barbecue sauce and pepperjack cheese, caramelized onions with monterey jack cheese…any will make for a delicious burger!
More Recipes to Try
- Ground Turkey Pasta Bake: Like a skillet lasagne, really. Easy too!
- Salmon Patties Recipes with crackers: An easy, quick & delicious recipe!
- Tin Foil Baked Chicken: An easy weeknight dinner
- Authentic Pasta Fagioli Recipe: A hearty, delicious soup!
- Taco Pie with Crescent Rolls: A classic, and for good reason
- Simple Celery Salad: A fresh crunchy side dish!
- Grilled Peppers and Onions Recipe: A great side dish for so many things!
- Skillet Taco Bake: Really delicious, as an appetizer or main dish
- Party Olives: People become obsessed with these delicious olives!
If you’ve tried Turkey Burger Sliders Recipe, or any other recipe on Studio Delicious, please rate the recipe 5 stars and tell me how you liked it in comments below!
Looking for more tips and fresh, homemade recipes? Join my email list, tag and follow me on Instagram using #studiodeliciouseats, follow my boards on Pinterest, and see what I’m up to on Facebook and Twitter!
Turkey Burger Sliders Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 3 Green Onions, minced, white part only
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Mustard regular or Dijon
- 1 tablespoon Bread Crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley, chopped fine
- 12 slices Cheese, cheddar see notes
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls, or other soft rolls, split in half
- 12 small Butter Lettuce Leaves
- Mayo, Mustard, Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, the green onion, egg, mustard, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley, and mix together with clean hands or wooden spoon to combine. Don't overwork the mixture.
- Using and ice cream scoop or a large spoon, divide the turkey mixture into 12 scoops (1 ½ -2 tablespoons per ball) then place them on the prepare baking sheet. Lightly tap town on the tops of each scoop to flatten them slightly (you don't want a dome in the middle, they won't cook evenly)
- Bake the burgers in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and add the cheese on top of each burger, return the pan to the oven for another 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and serve with the Hawaiian rolls, mayonnaise, mustard, and lettuce.
- The Hawaiian rolls can be sliced and cold, warm or toasted. Toasting each cut side is preferred. Place the open faced rolls on a large baking sheet and broil until very lightly toasted brown.
- For the cheese, use pre-sliced sandwich cheese, and cut break them into four pieces, use two pieces per slider.
- Regular or Dijon Mustard works great in this recipe
- Use a shallot or regular onion instead of green onion
- Use lean ground beef in this recipe instead of ground turkey
- Super important to read the whole recipe before you begin
- Pay attention to the ingredient list and photos for the recipe
- If possible, prep your ingredients a little before you start
- Always use a sharp knife for safety
- Use the size of pan called for in the recipe
- For savory recipes, taste and season as you go
- Buy fresh, organic ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible