These Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies are a nostalgic combination that taste fantastic. The cookies are a bit crunchy thanks to chopped peanuts, and made even more glorious with a dollop of your favorite jam.
Good news, since I happen to looooove gloomy weather.
It rained hard all night, and the forecast for today is gray, gray, and then later on more grayness.
I’m happy to report there’s a container of peanut butter cookie dough in the freezer, shaped into tablespoon-sized portions.
They’ll be ready for my mouth in about 18 minutes when I bake them straight from the freezer.
Rainy day + warm homemade Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies + mug of cinnamon rose tea + new season of Better Call Saul = pure joy and complete happiness.
Add in euphoria and massive delightful wonderfulness if you’ve got a warm fireplace going and two fuzzy dogs handy 🙂
Rainy Saturday’s don’t get any better than this.
Of course there are floors to be swept, socks to be sorted and sheets to wash, but why?
The best idea ever is to take the whole day off for a change.
You have my permission, if you need it 🙂
The inspiration for these Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies came to me the old-fashioned way, which means I tasted a great version out and about then recreated them at home.
Peanut butter and jam is such an obvious combo, so when I bought the last two in the bakery case I didn’t expect much.
Mind was blown.
The base is a very good peanut butter cookie in its own right—boosted in flavor with chopped roasted peanuts.
You can make an indentation before the cookies bake or after—I tried both ways and either works.
When they are cool, add a teaspoon of jam.
My favorite flavor is cherry, naturally.
Want another great cookie recipe? Try my Tiny Chocolate Chip Cookies for fun!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a large cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- 1 cup roasted and salted peanuts chopped into small chunks in a food processor or cut into small pieces with a sharp knife
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter use chunky if you want
- 1/3 cup of jam any flavor or use two flavors. Apricot and cherry is my favorite combo.
- Process or cut the peanuts into small pieces, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled melted butter, the brown sugar and the white sugar and mix until smooth on medium speed a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and peanut butter and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture in two steps just until combined.
- Stir in the chopped peanuts.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours so the dough firms up.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon per cookie and roll into a ball, placing on the parchment lined cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until very lightly colored, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes. Using the back of a spoon or your thumb, create a small indentation in the middle of each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool completely, then add about one teaspoon of jam into each indentation.
SOURCE: STUDIO DELICIOUS, cookie base adapted from here.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!