Looking for delicious ideas beyond hot dogs and potato salad for your backyard BBQ? Here’s my list of favorite Easy Memorial Day Food recipes for the unofficial start of summer!
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
Long holiday weekends give us some breathing room to put up our feet and relax a bit with family and friends. And warm weather is the perfect time to get together for a cookout or picnic.
Whether you’re planning something simple or a full-on memorial day weekend celebration, I’ve got you covered with some delicious recipes, all in one place.
The best part? You can plan your memorial day menus in advance and take the weekend off!
- Breakfasts: There’s something for everyone!
- Lunches: Make-ahead salads & light soup.
- Salads: Tasty & perfect side dish ideas & flavorful salads
- Drinks: Refreshing flavors, with or without booze! 🙂
- Appetizers: Gotta have some healthy-ish snacks.
- Dinners: Simple recipes for the grill or oven.
- Dessert: Cheesecake bars, warm fruit crisp & more.
“Fixed this last weekend to share at a camp out, & topped it with Greek yogurt…fabulous! Thank you!”
– Chris S –
- Zucchini Potato Frittata: Feeds a crowd & can be made the day before!
- Breakfast Doritos Nachos: Here’s a fun breakfast idea! Flavorful Doritos with scrambled eggs, avocado, fresh salsa and sour cream made into nachos!
- Strawberry Almond Milk Smoothie: For something a little lighter, this is berry smoothie is creamy, delicious & non-dairy!
Make Ahead Lunches
- Chicken Salad with Grapes and Almonds: Red seedless grapes & sliced almonds make this rotisserie chicken recipe downright delicious. Use cooked rotisserie chicken breasts from the grocery store to make this super simple.
- Cherry Tomato Soup Recipe: Light & Fresh and easy to make in under an hour, this soup recipe is a keeper!
- Southern Tuna Salad: Make-ahead and eat with crackers, on toasted bread or with fresh tomatoes and lettuce!
Fresh & Easy Salads
“.…sounds so delicious, we love orzo!”
– Shelly P –
- Orzo Asparagus Salad Recipe: Packed with fresh veg and a tangy vinaigrette. Tastes wonderful at room temperature!
- Italian Green Bean Salad: One of my favorites side dishes for almost any meal.
- Peanut Noodles with Vegetables: A veggie & noodle-packed side dish.
Appetizers & Snacks
” I could eat this whole bowl”
- Sweet and Spicy Almonds: An addicting combination of sweet & salty in this simple recipe.
- Veggie Cups with Hummus: You can’t go wrong with this combination!
- Lemon Artichoke Dip: So easy and delicious, a crowd favorite!
” …this smoothie screams summer to me…”
- Pineapple Slushie: Wonderful on it’s own or with a little rum or vodka, this is a refreshing, flavorful drink with a fresh fruit kabob garnish!
- Fresh Cherry Milkshakes: Bust out the blender and mix up some fresh cherry milkshakes, regular or dairy-free!
“oh my! …just mouthwatering delicious..”
- Tin Foil Baked Chicken and Vegetables: Fresh ingredients are cooked tucked in foil packets with a little olive oil and lemon, then baked on the grill or in the oven.
- Brown Sugar Marinade for Pork Chops: Brown sugar is the secret ingredient in these juicy & flavor filled pork chops on the grill, skillet or grill pan.
- Turkey Burger Sliders: Make these a main course, served with a few side dishes and desserts for your family cookouts.
- Easy No Mayo Tomato Pie Recipe: A fantastic pie, that’s not soggy.
” …absolutely perfect for a summer dinner party!”
– Kelli K-
Stuffed Celery Appetizer Recipe
A nostalgic favorite!
- Stuffed Celery Appetizer Recipe: This easy and fun platter is always a hit at parties!
- Strawberry Cheesecake in a Jar: Cookie crumbles, creamy cheese and fresh strawberry topping…everyone loves this dessert!
- Summer Fruit Crisp: Warm and wonderful with a crumb topping and seasonal fruits, all you need is vanilla ice cream!
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats: An outstanding version of the classic sweet treat!
Yes, many can be made in advance, or at least a component of them can.
An airtight container is the best choice, and almost always leftovers should be refrigerated and are good for 2-4 days. Refer to each recipe for specific tips.
- The Best Lazy Sunday Dinner Ideas: a round-up of favorites!
- Memorial Day Food Recipes webstory.
- Waffles with Apples: A long-time favorite!
- Prosciutto Appetizers: A very good list!
- Summer Eats: A round-up of summer favorites.
If you’ve tried any of these Easy Memorial Day Food Recipes, or any other recipe on Studio Delicious, please rate the recipe 5 stars and leave me a comment below…I love to hear from you!
Looking for more tips and fresh, homemade recipes? Join my email list, tag and follow me on Instagram using #studiodeliciouseats, follow my boards on Pinterest, and see what I’m up to on Facebook and Twitter.