Citrus Roasted Carrots are a healthy vegetable side dish bright and earthy flavors. Whole oven roasted carrots are a healthy addition to any casual dinner or gathering.
I’m guessing you have at least one photo from a celebration that showcases your beautifully set holiday table.
And a long, delicious spread of mostly brown food.
Alas, this is common, and we’re going to fix that with these beautiful Citrus Roasted Carrots.
The turkey is a dull color of course, but lets face it – there are plenty of side dishes with crumbly brown toppings, and at least one mysterious-looking thing swimming in butter.
All the way down that table.
Even the pies are brown.
While most holiday food is fat-filled and creamy and so, so delicious, it can look less than stunning once it’s all grouped together.
Perhaps the only green thing is Aunt Edna’s jello mold with pineapple, celery and (gasp) walnuts with mini marshmallows suspended inside.
Citrus Roasted Carrots to the rescue.
Lots of strange things are passed off as “special” during the holidays—stuff you’d never dream of eating the rest of the year.
I think Citrus Roasted Carrots are a modern addition, and they will brighten it up the table like nobody’s business.
Don’t worry! There’s nothing too crazy or exotic happening here.
We definitely don’t want to upset anybody.
These Citrus Roasted Carrots have simple ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh squeezed orange juice.
Pull them from the hot oven, arrange on a white platter and garnish with fresh parsley and toasted almonds.
Watch your oven time, since its different for everybody.
Once the carrots are fork-tender, they’re done and ready for the holiday table.
Hover over image to pin this recipe for later:
Some other fresh side dishes for the holiday table:
Citrus Roasted Carrots
- 2 1/2 pounds Carrots, multi-colored, organic
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Almonds, sliced for garnish
- Pre- Heat oven to 375
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Position oven rack to the lower third
- Wash, peel, rewash and trim the ends of the carrots.
- Slice in half and then slice each half in half lengthwise,if large
- Toss the cut carrots with the oil, salt, pepper and orange juice. Spread on the large baking sheet and pour any remaining liquid from the bowl on top of the carrots.
- Roast the carrots in the oven, carefully turning with a spatula every 15-20 minutes until fork tender, between 50-60 minutes (time will vary depending on your oven.)
- Remove from oven and place on a platter Garnish with fresh parsley and sliced almonds.