Here’s a fun breakfast to make that would make anyone smile….a Breakfast Doritos Nachos recipe! Doritos are the base here, as well as scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese plus your favorite fresh toppings…this is a simple nachos recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This is a really fun recipe that’s easy to make and tastes amazing. Breakfast Doritos Nachos have great flavor already baked into the chips, so when you add fluffy scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese and fresh toppings, wow…this stuff is good!
Here’s a few good reasons to make this recipe:
- Doritos nachos are a fun & super delish recipe for kids and adults..the entire family will love it
- Basically everyone on earth likes (loves?) Doritos and they’re already covered in taco seasoning which makes for the absolute best plate of nachos!
- This is an easy recipe, and it can be scaled to whatever size you want!
- Scrambled eggs are the main protein that go on top of the Doritos, plus all the traditional nacho toppings
- Make some easy & delish homemade salsa to serve with it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the full recipe and list of instructions, please scroll to the recipe card below.
- Doritos: The “Cool Ranch” variety is a favorite flavor and just right for these nachos, but use nacho cheese Doritos or traditional tortilla chips if you’d like.
- Eggs: Large is what we need
- Avocado: For the top of the nachos…creamy and delicious
- Cheese: Freshly shredded from a block, no no no pre-shredded!
- Green Onions: For freshness and flavor, sliced thinly and sprinkled on top
- Jalapeno: Try pickled jalapeno instead if you prefer
- Radish: Sliced thin, for crunch and peppery flavor
- Salsa: Pico de gallo is the fave around here, but use any salsa you like!
- Cherry Tomatoes: Sliced in half and sprinkled over the top
- Italian Parsley: Also known as the worlds greatest fresh herb. Try cilantro instead, if you’d like!
- Sour Cream: Optional, but so good…
- Olive Oil, Salt & Black Pepper: For added flavor
- Lime: A little squeeze of lime juice at the end is perfect!
Step-By Step Instructions
For the full instructions, please scroll below.
- Mix the eggs and seasonings with a whisk or fork
- Using a non-stick, oven-safe large skillet, scramble the eggs, then remove and set aside
- In the same skillet, spread some Doritos on the bottom and top with cheese
- Add another layer of Doritos, then the scrambled eggs on top of the chips, then more cheese
- Broil until the cheese melts, top with fresh fixings, and serve!
- Build your nachos in a non-stick skillet in layers
- Add black beans to the middle layer if you’d like, or cooked, crumbled turkey or chicken sausage 🙂
Tips and Possible Variations
- A cast iron skillet works great, and goes easily from the burner to the broiler
- Cool Ranch Doritos is the absolute favorite for this recipe, but you could use Nacho Cheese or spicy Doritos instead
- That said, you could certainly use traditional corn chips in this recipe too
- Try pickled sliced jalapenos instead of fresh!
- Add other ingredients like bell peppers, or ground beef, turkey or sausage
- Try using a sheet pan (baking sheet) if you want to double or triple this recipe
- Set down a single layer of chips on the bottom of the skillet, layer it with cheese and repeat on the second layer.
- These nachos are fun to serve kids after a sleepover, or to adults after a late night out 🙂
- Set out small serving plates and use a spatula to make individual servings – put the toppings in small bowls for everyone to garnish their own
- Make a fabulous banana bread to slice and serve alongside this breakfast, or make a sideboard of fresh fruit toast (yum) or this savory butternut squash bruschetta.
- If guests are coming over and you want to really round out your menu, make this Chocolate Hummus Dessert Tray and watch everyone swoon!
- If that’s too much, go for this wonderful Strawberry Cheesecake in a Jar, these Mini Strawberry Pies (made with a shortcut store-bought sugar cookie dough) or go for something smaller like these Jelly Filled Peanut Butter Cookies these outstanding Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispy Treats or try this fantastic Philadelphia Strawberry Cheesecake Snack Bars Recipe. Delicious!
Frequently Asked Questions
You should definitely try Monterey Jack. Colby cheese would be wonderful, and so would pepper jack.
Sure can. Go for the toppings you like! Try shredded lettuce, different hot sauces, a layer of refried beans, green bell pepper, black beans, red bell pepper, and any fresh salsa you like instead of pico de gallo.
Sure can. Try using a sheet pan instead of a skillet if you do. Just line the pan with parchment paper first and build your masterpiece! You can also make a much smaller version of this nacho recipe for an after school snack.
More Recipes to Try:
- Skillet Taco Bake: Just a great, easy dinner or appetizer recipe
- Taco Pie with Crescent Rolls: A great, easy dinner.
- Lemon Hot Artichoke Dip: This is a delicious, cheesy dip..
- Grilled Peppers and Onions Recipe: Such a perfect side dish!
- Pizza in Cast Iron: The easiest way yet to make an outstanding pizza at home
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet: A tasty weeknight meal
- Ground Turkey Pasta Bake: Like a skillet lasagne, made in 30 minutes
- Crab Omelette Recipe: An indulgent, dreamy omelette with crab and fresh asparagus
- Plant-Based Breakfast Bowl: Roasted grapes, warm grains, plain yogurt…yum.
- Brown Sugar Marinade for Pork Chops: For the best juicy chops!
If you’ve tried this Breakfast Doritos Nachos Recipe, or any other recipe on Studio Delicious, please rate the recipe 5 stars and tell me how you liked it in comments below!
Looking for more tips and fresh, homemade recipes? Join my email list, tag and follow me on Instagram using #studiodeliciouseats, follow my boards on Pinterest, and see what I’m up to on Facebook and Twitter!
Breakfast Doritos Nachos Recipe
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Water
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon Pepper sauce optional
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 9 ounce bag Doritos Tortilla chips, about 4 cups See Tips
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 Jalepeno pepper, sliced Optional, See Tips
- 1 half Avocado, smashed with a fork
- ½ cup Pico de gallo
- 2 tablepoons Sour Cream
- 3 Fresh Lime wedges
- 3 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley, chopped fine
- Preheat your broiler. In a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs, water and salt, pepper and pepper sauce (if using) with a whisk or fork.
- Using an 8 – 10" inch non-stick, oven-safe skillet, pour one teaspoon of the olive oil in it on medium heat, then add the egg mixture. Let the eggs cook for 2-3 minutes, pushing them toward the middle with a rubber spatula, lifting occasionally to let the uncooked egg pool underneath. Remove the eggs from the heat and set aside on a plate. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- Add the other teaspoon of olive oil to the same skillet, and spread about half of the Doritos on the bottom, then top with half of the cheddar cheese. Add the rest of the Doritos, then the scrambled eggs, and the rest of the cheddar cheese. Place the skillet under the broiler – about 6-8" inches from the heat to let the cheese melt for a minute or two. Remove the skillet from the oven, top with the sliced jalapeno (if using) and the avocado, the pico de gallo, the sour cream, fresh lime wedges, radishes, and the chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- A cast iron skillet works well for this recipe.
- Doritos Cool Ranch were used in this recipe, but you could use the Nacho Cheese variety instead if you prefer.
- Use fresh or pickled sliced jalapenos, or none at all!
- Super important to read the whole recipe before you begin
- Pay attention to the ingredient list and photos for the recipe
- If possible, prep your ingredients a little before you start
- Always use a sharp knife for safety
- Use the size of pan called for in the recipe
- For savory recipes, taste and season as you go
- Buy fresh, organic ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible