This is a recipe for My Favorite Hot Chocolate. I’ve tweaked it to perfection over the years and it’s almost as easy as opening a ready made packet.
It’s also easy to make this completely dairy free if you skip the shaved chocolate, and the best part is it’s not too sweet – which makes it easier to justify having more often..
Hot chocolate can and should be consumed year-round.
This has been a public service announcement 🙂
I know a girl who drinks hot chocolate every night, or so she says, no matter what time of year it is.
I believe in this practice with all my heart.
There are no rules I’m aware of that say hot chocolate can only be had when it’s snowing or raining or when Santa comes or whatever.
In fact, this hot chocolate is perfectly acceptable to drink all winter long.
When I feel as if I have not had enough chocolate calories for the day, I make this for myself.
It is creamy.
It is yummy.
And sweet, smooth, and satisfying.
With a bowl of buttered mashed potatoes, it can certainly ease your troubles, if you have any.
And it’s not the worst thing you can put in your body since it comes together quickly from scratch.
My absolute fave is making this with toasted coconut almond milk —found in the refrigerator section of most grocery stores, but regular kind works too.
You can adjust the sweetness to your liking, since there are no big rules to follow on this one.
If you are willing and they are available, a cinnamon graham cracker or two is always welcome to the party.
And feel free to swap out the whipped cream for a marshmallow or three or ten.
You deserve a little treat 🙂
- For Each Serving:
- 1 cup almond or refrigerated coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Non dairy whipped cream
- Shaved chocolate for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, add the almond or coconut milk and turn the burner on medium high heat.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt
- Using a whisk, stir the ingredients together and continue until the mixture heats through. It'll be smooth and a bit frothy.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract, pour into a mug and
- garnish with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
SOURCE: STUDIO DELICIOUS