Looking for some inspiration for snacks? This Stuffed Celery Appetizer Recipe is perfect for any kind of celebration, fun to make and low-carb too!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Now here’s a stuffed celery appetizer recipe that’s an easy crunchy snack, not fussy in the least, and looks fabulous on a buffet table.
Bonus! It’s quick to assemble and sprinkled with nostalgia, and is the perfect party appetizer for tailgating, holidays, or any kind of party, really.
Here’s a few good reasons to make it:
- Who doesn’t need simple appetizer recipes year-round?
- This low stress appetizer tray is the perfect bite before a big holiday meal.
- Everyone appreciates fresh vegetables on the buffet table.
- The perfect party appetizer for game nights, baby showers, holiday gatherings, girl’s nights.
- The combination of crunchy celery and and creamy cheese is perfect, and it’s made with basic ingredients. A good snack idea to keep in your back pocket!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the full list of ingredients and instructions, please scroll down to the recipe card below.
- Celery: We’ll stuff celery sticks with two kinds of soft cheese.
- Carrots: I love the multi-colored kind for this platter.
- Edamame: To garnish.
- Pomegranate Seeds: For garnish and a great way to insert a pop of tangy flavor.
- Watermelon Radish: For it’s fantastic color.
- Cream Cheese: For its creamy texture.
- Boursin Cheese: Usually found near the cream cheese, this herb-y deliciousness is widely available and great for stuffing in celery.
- Hummus: A great option for extra dipping.
Step-By Step Instructions
- Wash, peel, rewash and dry the carrots. Slice them in half length-wise, and if they’re thick, slice them in half again to make four pieces.
- Cut six long celery stalks off, wash and dry them. Cut them in half or smaller pieces to fit the size of your serving platter.
3. Place a small bowl of hummus in the center of your platter, garnished with a little olive oil and a few edamame if you’d like.
4. Fill half the celery with softened cream cheese, the other half with the Boursin cheese Dot the celery with pomegranate seeds or edamame as desired.
5. Add the celery to the platter in a starburst type pattern, arranging it decoratively with cut carrots. It’s ready to serve!
Tips and Possible Variations
- Don’t worry about getting the cheese stuffed in the celery perfectly. This delicious snack is fabulous and a bit rustic.
- This recipe calls for six long celery spears cut in half to make 12 pieces, but make as many as you’d like.
- The amounts listed are approximate, depending on the size of your celery.
- Use any spreadable cheese you’d like, whipped feta cheese, vegan cream cheese, or use bagel seasoning to make a savory cream cheese mixture.
- Make peanut butter snacks instead of cream cheese to stuff the celery. Almond butter would be great too.
- This low-carb snack is perfect for gatherings and is a handy last-minute appetizer.
- Next time, try adding fresh herbs or bacon pieces with a little hot sauce into whipped cream cheese.
- Add some green olives to the platter for more color if you’d like.
- Make a few other appetizers to share! Try these fantastic and easy Avocado Rolls with almond butter dipping sauce, these Classic Salmon Patties are very good, this Taco Skillet Bake is like nachos served with tortilla chips.
- Try these obsessive Party Olives, some easy, homemade salsa (so good) with thick tortilla chips, and try Cheese Puff Pastry Bites and this super easy lemon hot artichoke dip and some crispy cauliflower bites to round out the menu.
- This the homemade trail mix is very good served with a big scoop for everyone to help themselves, and these little chocolate covered pecans are wonderful and couldn’t be any easier!
- Here’s a little round-up of sweet treats with plenty of dessert ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure can. Make it in the morning, serve it in the evening. Keep it refrigerated in between.
Yes! Try spreadable cheddar or flavored cream cheese, such as onion.
An airtight container works best, refrigerated for up to 3 days.
More Recipes to Try
- Maple Roasted Squash with Goat Cheese: A fantastic side dish.
- Recipe for Sauteed Zucchini and Yellow Squash: Plus tips!
- Vegan Chickpea Salad: A perfect, healthy salad.
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad: The perfect salad when strawberries are at their peak.
- Stuffed Celery Cream Cheese Appetizers: A sun dried tomato version that’s outstanding.
- Baked Brie with Fig Jam: A favorite recipe.
- Fresh Favorites: A round up of the best fresh recipes.
- Simple Celery Salad: A really clean-tasting, fresh salad.
- Stuffed Garlic Bread Recipe: Cheesy and wonderful.
- Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes: Something for everyone here!
- Stuffed Salmon Recipe: Fancy, but not fussy and stuffed with fresh crab.
- Low Carb Stuffed Zucchini Boats: A very good old family favorite.
If you’ve tried Stuffed Celery Appetizer Recipe, or any other recipe on Studio Delicious, please rate the recipe 5 stars and tell me how you liked it in comments below!
Looking for more tips and fresh, homemade recipes? Join my email list, tag and follow me on Instagram using #studiodeliciouseats, follow my boards on Pinterest, and see what I’m up to on Facebook and Twitter!
Stuffed Celery Appetizer Recipe
- 6 Celery spears, washed, dried, ends trimmed and cut in half see note
- 4 tablespoons Boursin spreadable cheese see note
- 4 tablespoons Cream Cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup Edamame, shelled
- ¼ cup Pomegranate seeds
- 6 Carrots, washed, trimmed and peeled
- ½ English Cucumber, seeded and sliced in strips
- 1 Watermelon Radish, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup Hummus, store bought
- Trim the celery spears to fit the size of your platter if needed. Fill the celery spears with the Boursin cheese, then the cream cheese, and dot with a few edamame or pomegranate seeds if desired.
- Slice the carrots in half lengthwise.
- Slice the cucumber in half, then quarters. Run your knife down the center of the cucumber to remove the seeds. Slice the pieces into 2 pieces lengthwise.
- On a platter, place the hummus in a cup in the center (garnish with olive oil and a few edamame of desired). Arrange the cheese filled celery around the platter, then fill in with the sliced carrots and celery. Place slices of the watermelon radish around the middle and serve.
- I used six long celery spears that I washed, trimmed and cut in half into 12 pieces to fill with cheese.
- The amounts listed are approximate, depending on the size of your celery, note that you may need more cheese.
- Use any herb spreadable cheese you’d like.
- Super important to read the whole recipe before you begin
- Pay attention to the ingredient list and photos for the recipe
- If possible, prep your ingredients a little before you start
- Always use a sharp knife for safety
- Use the size of pan called for in the recipe
- For savory recipes, taste and season as you go
- Buy fresh, organic ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible