My Favorite Hot Chocolate
This is hands down My Favorite Hot Chocolate... It's easy to make, milk-free and is creamy, satisfying and not too sweet.
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Cream, for serving
- Shaved Chocolate for garnish, optional
In a medium saucepan, add the almond and turn the burner on medium high heat.
Add the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt
Whisk the ingredients together to combine, continuing to heat on medium high the mixture heats through. It'll be smooth and a bit frothy.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract, whisk to combine. Pour into a mug and add whipped cream or marshmallows and shaved chocolate, if you like.
- Use plain, vanilla or toasted coconut almond milk.
- Regular milk is fine to use too.
- Add more coconut sugar if you like it sweeter, just start with adding 1/2 teaspoon at a time to taste.
- I use a non-dairy natural whipped topping that's usually available in the freezer section of well-stocked grocery stores.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 829mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g | Calcium: 450mg | Iron: 1mg