Blackberry Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts is deliciously satisfying and is cool, creamy, crunchy and refreshing all at the same time. Look for ripe, seasonal blackberries at your local Farmer’s Market or grocery store. With a scattering of leftover cooked grains, some goat cheese and radish slices plus a super juicy lemon vinaigrette, this salad combination is a big hit in both summer and fall.
Blackberry Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts is special.
This is just a fact, but please, let me explain.
Blackberries are the star of the show here…the big, juicy, ripe kind.
This salad calls for my very favorite lettuce (Butter) followed by toasted hazelnuts (also buttery) plus a whole bunch of other luscious ingredients:
- Soft and creamy goat cheese
- Thinly sliced radishes for a peppery little kick
- Wheatberries or other leftover grains give this salad a chewy, substantial side note
- Fresh herbs – Italian parsley and fragrant mint are favorites
- A bright and flavorful citrus vinaigrette rounds it all out, like a cherry on top