Roasted Cauliflower With Yogurt Sauce
Who knew that a humble vegetable like cauliflower could taste downright sinful? This Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt Sauce is savory and bright and amazingly delicious!
- PREP THE CAULIFLOWER
- 1 head Cauliflower, organic if possible
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil, with 2 tablespoons reserved
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated Plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Lemon, fresh, cut in wedges for serving
- FOR THE PESTO YOGURT
- 1/3 cup Yogurt, greek style, plain
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pesto, prepared, store-bought
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
Heat oven to 450 degrees, and position rack to lower third of oven.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Trim the cauliflower by removing the florets and discarding the stems. Reserve the florets, cutting the larger pieces in half.
In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, the olive oil (minus 2 tablespoons you'll use later), the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss everything together to combine.
Transfer the mixture to the baking tray and distribute in a single layer across the baking sheet.
Roast for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and in sections, carefully turn the cauliflower over with a large spatula. Drizzle the reserved 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the cauliflower and carefully scoot everything to the middle of baking pan, keeping in a single layer.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 6-8 minutes until the cheese is a light golden brown.
Remove from oven and serve with the pesto yogurt sauce, more Parmesan cheese, the fresh parsley and the lemon for squeezing on top just prior to eating.
- Yes, a whole head of cauliflower can look a little intimidating, but it's easier than it looks :)
- To trim a cauliflower, remove the bottom leaves and the stem, cut it in half, remove the core and cut into bite-sized florets.
- Try the colored varieties out for fun! They have the same flavor, too. If you can't find the colorful variety, just use white.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 634mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 148IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg