Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower With Pesto Yogurt
Who knew that a humble vegetable like cauliflower could taste downright sinful? This Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower with Pesto Yogurt is savory and bright and amazingly delicious
- PREP THE CAULIFLOWER
- 3 small heads Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil, with 2 tablespoons reserved
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated Plus more for serving
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Lemon, fresh, cut in wedges for serving
- FOR THE PESTO YOGURT
- 1/3 cup Yogurt, greek style, plain
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pesto, prepared, store-bought
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
Heat oven to 450 degrees, and position rack to lower third of oven.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Trim the cauliflower, removing and discarding the stems. Reserve the florets, cutting the larger pieces in half. Combine the cauliflower, the olive oil minus 2 tablespoons you'll use later, the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss everything together to combine.
Transfer the mixture to the baking tray and distribute in a single layer across the baking sheet.
Roast for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and in sections, carefully turn the cauliflower over with a large spatula. Drizzle the reserved 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the cauliflower and carefully scoot everything to the middle of baking pan, keeping in a single layer.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 6-8 minutes until the cheese is a light golden brown.
Remove from oven and serve with the pesto yogurt sauce, more Parmesan cheese, the fresh parsley and the lemon for squeezing on top just prior to eating.
This recipe was updated December 2019
- I always use parchment paper instead of foil, and I prefer the natural variety :)
- If you can't find tri-color cauliflower, just use regular.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 634mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 148IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg