Blackberry Cranberry Sauce
Blackberry Cranberry Sauce is an amazingly delicious riff on the traditional..so good!
- 2 cups Cranberries, fresh, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Blackberries, fresh
- 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Raspberry or Mild Rice Vinegar
Put the cranberries in a medium saucepan with the water, salt and sugar on medium high heat. Stir to help dissolve the sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil until the cranberries pop and sizzle, about 7 minutes. Add the blackberries and raspberry vinegar, lower the heat to medium, and let the mixture gently simmer, with occasional gentle stirring for 6-8 more minutes, until the liquid is syrupy and almost evaporated. Don't overstir the mixture, you want it chunky! Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Cool and serve. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for several days.
- Substitute rice vinegar for the raspberry vinegar if needed
- Substitute fresh raspberries for the fresh blackberries if you'd like
- Don't over-stir the mixture when cooking, you want it chunky
- Spoon on top of hot cereal for a delicious breakfast
- This is a great year-round side dish for roasted meats, freeze some cranberries for later!
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg