My Favorite Cranberry Sauce
My Favorite Cranberry Sauce is super versatile as a fresh cranberry relish side dish with roasted meats or by itself.
- 2 cups Cranberries, fresh, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Blackberries, fresh
- 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp. Raspberry Vinegar
Put the cranberries in a medium saucepan with the water, salt and sugar on medium high heat. Stir to help dissolve the sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil until the cranberries pop and sizzle, about 7 minutes. Add the blackberries and raspberry vinegar, lower the heat to medium, and let the mixture gently simmer, with occasional gentle stirring for 6-8 more minutes, until the liquid is syrupy and almost evaporated. Don't overstir the mixture, you want it chunky! Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Cool and serve. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for several days.
- Use rice vinegar instead of raspberry vinegar if needed
- Use fresh raspberries instead of fresh blackberries too
- Don't over-stir the mixture when cooking, you want it chunky
- Use in your hot cereal for a delicious breakfast
- This is a wonderful side dish for chicken any time of year
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg