Lemony Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemony Hot Artichoke Dip is a party staple brightened up with fresh lemon. Easy and full of flavor, this baked hot party appetizer recipe is always a hit.
- Prepare a 10"x 2" x 7" ovenproof dish or glass pie pan by smearing a generous teaspoon of olive oil on the bottom so nothing sticks with baking.
- 2 Artichoke hearts, drained 14.5 ounce cans, water packed
- 1 tablespoon Shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Pepper, freshly ground if possible
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice, freshly squuezed
- 1 cup Mayonnaise, light or non-dairy
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated Reserve 1/3 cup of cheese for the top.
- 1 Italian Parsley, chopped fine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Drain the artichoke hearts in a colander, and use a paper towel to gently squeeze and dry them completely. Chop them roughly into bite-size pieces.
Put the drained and dried artichokes in a medium-size mixing bowl.
Add the minced shallot.
Add the red pepper flakes, salt, garlic powder, ground pepper.
Add the lemon juice and Mayonnaise or mayo substitute, if using.
Add the Parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley.
Combine the ingredients completely. Spoon the mixture in the baking dish and top with the resered Parmesan cheese.
Bake for about 25 minutes, until heated all the way through.
Finish the dish by turning the oven OFF and the broiler ON for 3-6 minutes on the middle rack of your oven to brown the top of the dip.
Remove from oven and serve with crackers, bread and cut vegetables.
- Serve this dip with crackers or warm toasted bread slices, and fresh cut vegetables.
- This recipe works fine with a non-dairy mayonnaise.
- This recipe was updated in December 2019
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 784mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 377IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 1mg