Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Yogurt Sauce
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Yogurt Sauce are a delicious contrast of satisfying winter flavors. Easy to make, too!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- For the YOGURT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 3 tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped fine
- 1 Green Onion, thin sliced white part only
Prep the SWEET POTATOES
Heat the oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Wash, scrub and trim the ends off the potatoes. Peel some of skin off with a small knife or potato peeler, then cut in half length-wise. See recipe notes. Cut each piece into two or three wedges and place in a large mixing bowl.
Add the honey, olive oil, crushed red pepper and salt, and toss the potatoes together with your hands until the mixture is combined.
Place the potatoes on the lined baking sheet, scraping any of the olive oil mixture on the baking sheet too.
Roast the potatoes on the bottom rack of the oven, turning gently once half-way through. Total time is 35-45 minutes, and this will differ depending on your oven. Look for fork-tender wedges that are slightly brown and crispy on the edges and sides.
Remove from oven, arrange on a platter and serve with yogurt sauce on the top or on the side or both.
Make The YOGURT SAUCE
Combine the yogurt, lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix together with a spoon.
Spoon the yogurt over the Sweet Potatoes for serving, along with a sprinkle of chopped Italian Parsley and sliced green onion.
- You can use Yams in this recipe if you prefer, they are just as good!
- I peel some of the skin off the potatoes, randomly and not perfectly for a rustic look. You can skip this step if you want and use the potatoes unpeeled.
- This recipe was updated in November 2019.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 582mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 22138IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg