Boozy Fresh Cherry Blackbottom Milkshakes
Boozy Fresh Cherry Blackbottom Milkshakes are a decadent and clever adult dessert!
- 2 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (60% cocao)
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 3 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Cherries, fresh or frozen, pitted plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/2 ounces Brandy optional
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2/3 cup Whipped Topping, for garnish
MAKE THE GANACHE
Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it bubbles and simmers and is heated all the way through but not boiling.
Place the chocolate squares in a small heat-proof bowl Pour the warm cream over the top. Let this sit for five minutes, then whisk the ingredients together with a fork or whisk until it's smooth.
Place the pitted cherries in a medium-sized bowl and pour the brandy on top, stir it together and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to marinate.
MAKE THE MILKSHAKES
Place the ice cream, brandy-soaked cherries, milk, honey and almond extract in a blender Process on high speed until smooth. Add a bit more honey for sweetness or more milk if too thick at this point. Divide the chocolate ganache on the bottom of your serving glasses. Pour the cherry milkshake over the top. Add 1/3 cup of whipped topping and another cherry to garnish
- I used Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate baking bar (squares) for this recipe
- You can leave the alcohol out of this shake completely...delicious both ways!
- You can make this recipe into 2 larger servings instead of 4, or double the recipe for 8 servings
- Use best-quality vanilla ice cream here, you won't regret it :)
- Shakes too thick? Add a little more milk!
- You can swap regular ice cream, milk, heavy cream and whipped topping for non-dairy versions of each in this recipe
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 486mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 736IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 1mg