Tiny Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Tiny Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy, chewy and fun to eat.
- 1 1/4 Butter, unsalted, softened
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar, light, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg, large
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour, all-purpose plus two tablespoons if needed
- 1 1/4 cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips 7 ounces
Place the oven rack in the middle positionPreheat the oven to 400 degrees
Line a baking sheet (or sheets) with parchment paper
PREPARE COOKIE DOUGH
Beat the butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl with an electric mixer, until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add the salt and baking soda, egg and vanilla and continue mixing for another minute.
Add in one cup of the flour, continue mixing just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Drop measured 1/2 teaspoons of dough, not rounded about 1 1/2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. See recipe notes to test the dough before baking. Bake in batches until golden brown on the edges, 6-7 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Makes about 12 dozen cookies that are roughly the size of a quarter.
- NOTE: I test baked a few cookies first to make sure they would not be flat.
- They WERE, so I added 2 level tablespoons of additional flour to the dough and lightly worked it in with my hands. They turned out perfectly!
- This recipe was updated in December of 2019.
Calories: 20kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg