Best Rotisserie Chicken Salad
This is my Favorite Chicken Salad recipe, with fresh red grapes and toasted almonds for crunch and flavor. So delicious!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, meat removed
- 1/4 cup Almonds, slivered, toasted
- 1/3 cup Red Grapes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup Celery, sliced very thin
- 2 Green Onions, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp. Thyme, fresh
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley, chopped
PREP THE CHICKENRemove the meat off the chicken, discard the carcass or use for another purpose like chicken stock. To toast the almonds, place in a medium sized non-stick pan on medium heat, stirring regularly for 2-5 minutes with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring and as soon as the almonds start to turn brown, remove from heat. They will continue to cook at little after removing from heat.
MAKE THE DRESSING
Combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, fresh lemon juice and fresh thyme in a small bowl and combine. Add more fresh lemon juice if needed to thin out the dressing.
TOSS THE SALAD
In a large bowl, combine the cubed chicken, almonds (reserve a little to garnish the top) grapes, celery, green onion, dressing (mayo) mixture and fresh thyme.Add more toasted almonds on top and the chopped Italian Parsley. Serve on butter lettuce leaves or toasted bread.
- When taking the meat off the chicken, remove and discard the skin first. This makes it easier to see what you are working with.
- Use your clean hands to pull all the meat off the chicken, and keep a bowl handy keep it in one spot. After that's done, chop the bigger pieces into bite-size chunks using a knife and cutting board.
- Use dried cranberries instead of grapes if you'd like, totally delicious. Start with 1/4 cup and add as much as you'd like.
- I use Trader Joe's Lemon Pepper (on everything), but regular fresh ground pepper works fine too.
- Use a thin sliced red onion instead of green onion, both are excellent!
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 528mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 203IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg