Chicken Taco Sliders With Fresh Veggie Salsa
Chicken Taco Sliders with Fresh Veggie Salsa is a Tex Mex quick meal that's delicious year-round
Prep Time35 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time45 mins
- For the CHICKEN MIXTURE:
- 1 pound Rotisserie Chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1 pouch Simply Organic Mild Taco Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- For the FRESH VEGGIE SALSA
- 1 cup Zucchini, cut in small (1/2") dice
- 1/4 cup Green Pepper, seeded, cut in 1/2" dice
- 1 cup Corn, fresh if possible, cut off cobb
- 1/2 cup Green Beans, fresh, cut in 1/2"dice
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 Green Onions, white part only, cut thin
- 2 tbsp. Flat Leaf (Italian) Parsley for salsa, and for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice, fresh
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- For The AVOCADO CREAM
- 1 medium Avocado, cut in half and pitted, flesh scooped out
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice, fresh
- 1- 11 oz Flour Tortillas, slider size, fried for a minute or two on both sides in a little olive oil to remove the raw taste. Set aside on paper towels until ready to use.
- 2 tbsp. Flat Leaf (Italian) Parsley, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup Queso Fresco Cheese for garnish
- Lime Wedges, sliced, for serving
MAKE THE CHICKEN MIXTURE
In a large non-stick sauce pan, lightly coat the bottom of the pan with the olive oil.
Remove meat from rotisserie chicken and cut or shred into medium-sized chunks.
Add chicken, salsa and Simply Organic Mild Taco Simmer Sauce to the pan, and gently combine over medium heat until the mixture is heated through.
MAKE THE VEGGIE SALSA:
In a large non-stick saucepan, add the zucchini, green pepper, corn and green beans with 4 tablespoons of water and a pinch of salt.
Cook the veggies on medium high heat shaking the pan occasionally, until the water evaporates, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the cherry tomatoes, green onion, fresh parsley and lime juice, salt and pepper.
Gently toss together and place a bowl to set aside until needed.
MAKE THE AVOCADO CREAM
In a food processor, put all ingredients in and whiz together until smooth.
ASSEMBLE THE TACOS
On each tortilla, place a heaping tablespoon of the warm chicken mixture, and the same amount of veggie salsa on top.
Garnish with a little pinch of parsley or cilantro and queso fresco cheese and serve.
Try other combinations in your fresh veggie salsa!
Use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream if you like.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 708mg | Potassium: 403mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 834IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1mg