Peanut Noodles with Vegetables
A hearty & satisfying salad, Peanut Noodles with Vegetables are delicious warm or cold.
- MAKE THE PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter, creamy
- 1 teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce OR sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- MAKE THE SALAD
- 1/4 pound Spaghetti, cooked and cooled Cooked according to package directions
- 2-4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas, ends trimmed
- 1 Zucchini, spiralized or thinly sliced
- 2 cups Broccoli, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 Carrot, spiralized or thinly sliced
- 2 Bok Choy, ends trimmed, quartered
- 1/3 Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- FOR GARNISH
- 2 Green Onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Peanuts, salted
- 2 tablespoons Italian (flat leaf) Parsley, chopped
MAKE THE PEANUT SAUCE Combine broth, peanut butter, garlic sauce (or sesame oil) honey, soy sauce, garlic and lime juice in a blender, food processor and pulse until smooth. Alternatively, use hand-held whisk to combine the ingredients in a medium sized bowl until they are smooth. Taste, adding more salt or lime juice for balance as needed. FOR THE VEGETABLESIn a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the vegetable oil and a tablespoon or two of water, cooking each type of vegetable separately until the liquid evaporates and cooked through but not soft, about 4-6 minutes for each vegetable type. Set aside until ready to serve while you cook each vegetable type. (all the bell peppers at once, then the broccoli, etc.) You can also cook all the vegetables together in one pan instead, using 1/4-1/3 cup water, and stirring occassionally on medium-high heat until lightly cooked (but still al dente or slightly crisp). TO SERVE Using the bowl you've got the cooked and cooled spaghetti in, spoon in 3 tablespoons of the peanut sauce over it and add the sliced green onions, toss to combine. Using four plates, divide the pasta into 4 servings. Arrange the cooked vegetables on top. Add the garnish of salted peanuts and Italian Parsley. Drizzle a tablespoon of the peanut dressing over the top and serve with remaining dressing on the side.
- One of the tips to a beautiful presentation is to quick cook the vegetable types separately, so all the broccoli at once, then the bell peppers, etc. If you don't have time for this step, you can cook the veg all together in a non-stick skillet with 1/4-1/3 cup of water and a little (1/2 teaspoon) of salt. Stir occasionally until the water has evaporated. We don't want mushy or army green veg!
- Try using Thai noodles instead of spaghetti! Rice or Soba noodles would be great to try too, especially if you are eating gluten free.
- This recipe isn't Pad Thai (stir fried with a sauce) but rather a cold, peanut noodle salad recipe that's absolutely delicious at either room temperature or cold.
- Other vegetables that would taste great are red cabbage (sliced very thin and tossed with the other vegetables raw right before serving) as well as green beans (french cut would be nice) and orange or yellow bell peppers instead of red.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 1038mg | Potassium: 1538mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 22464IU | Vitamin C: 263mg | Calcium: 499mg | Iron: 5mg