Roasted Grape Hazelnut Breakfast Bowl
A Roasted Grape Hazelnut Breakfast Bowl is a delicious way to start the day!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup Wheat Berries
- 3 cups Water
- 1 pound Red Grapes, organic preferred, washed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Flake Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts, dry roasted, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Honey
- 4 Sage Leaves, optional
COOK THE WHEAT BERRIESRinse the uncooked wheat berries in a fine mesh strainer. Place them and 3 cups water in a medium-sized saucepan with a lid. Bring the water and berries to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water is absorbed and berries are tender. ROAST THE GRAPESPreheat oven to 400 degrees Rinse and dry the grapes, removing any stemsIn an oven-proof 12x 15" or equivalent sized baking dish, add the grapes, olive oil and sea salt. Toss with your hands or a spoon to coat. Roast the grapes in the oven for 15-20 minutes, gently shaking the dish occasionally. The grapes will blister and turn a pale color but will retain their basic shape.Remove the grapes from oven and transfer to a bowl along with any juices that have accumulated in the bottom of the dish. Add the balsamic vinegar and gently toss to coat with a large spoon. Set aside until you are ready to build your bowl. To assemble the bowls, place 1/2 cup of yogurt in four shallow bowls, along with 1/2 cup of the cooked wheat berries alongside. Top with a big spoonful of roasted grapes and a tablespoon of the chopped hazelnuts.Drizzle with honey and sage leaves as desired.
- Use any non-dairy yogurt you'd like!
- Plain or vanilla Greek yogurt tastes great too
- Switch the wheatberries for cooked farro, spelt berries, brown rice or even cooked oatmeal or quinoa
- Almost any kind of nut will work if you don't like or can't find hazelnuts. Try walnuts, pecans or almonds
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 384mg | Potassium: 536mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 128IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 257mg | Iron: 2mg