Cantaloupe and Ice Cream
If you've never tried it, you have to! Cantaloupe with Ice Cream (and a little caramel sauce) is an easy and absolutely delicious warm weather dessert.
- 2 medium-sized Melon, (cantaloupe)
- 4 1/2 cups Vanilla ice cream
- 3 tbsp Basil leaves, fresh
- FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract (pure)
- No time to make homemade caramel sauce? Buy a good quality store-bought variety like this Just spoon it into a heatproof bowl and microwave for 10 seconds or so to loosen and warm it slightly, which will make it easier to pour.
- Serve this easy dessert on a big platter already assembled with the ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Offer extra caramel sauce on the side.
- This also looks great served in individual bowls with a spoon.
- TIP! Slice a small piece off the bottom of the melon... this will allow it to sit level on whatever serving dish you choose.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 891mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 69g | Vitamin A: 10224IU | Vitamin C: 102mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 1mg