STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE IN A JAR
Strawberry Cheesecake in a jar is a fun way to eat dessert. It's easy to put together and no-bake, so use the prettiest berries you can find.
- FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- FOR THE CHEESE LAYER
- 1 8 ounce light cream cheese softened
- 1 8 ounce light ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY LAYER
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, organic if possible sliced into 1/4" chunks
- whipped cream, for serving
- whole strawberries, cut vertically, for serving
Crush the graham cracker crumbs by adding to a food processor, you'll need 1 1/2 cups of crumbs, which is approximately 8 sheets of graham cracker, plus a quarter. Alternatively, use a blender for this, or place the graham crackers in a large plastic freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin until it's a sand-like consistency
Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and set aside.
MAKE THE CHEESE LAYER
Place the cream and ricotta cheese together with the sugar, lemon extract and lemon zest in a food processor. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and use a hand-held electric mixer. For either method, blend the mixture together for about a minute or so, just to combine and lighten it until slightly fluffy. Don't overmix or the cheeses will be heavy and dense.
PREPARE THE STRAWBERRIES
Combine the strawberry jam and 1 teaspoon water in a medium-sized bowl, stir together to loosen the jam before adding the fresh strawberries. Toss the strawberries in the jam mixture, breaking them up a bit to release their juices until the mixture is combined.
ASSEMBLE THE CHEESECAKES
Lightly pat 1/4 cup of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each jar using your fingers or a small spoon
Spoon 1/2 cup of the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust
Divide the strawberry mixture between each cup Garnish with a tablespoon or more of whipped cream, a fresh strawberry sliced in halfAdd some fresh mint, too if you'd like!
- Use half-pint canning jars for this recipe, or small disposable plastic cups
- You can make this recipe into 6 servings instead of 4 by dividing the ingredients equally in smaller plastic cups. Just eyeball this to distribute the ingredients.
- Strawberry Cheesecake in a Jar can be served in long stem glasses too - such as a wide-mouth red wine glass - this presentation looks especially pretty.
- The cheesecakes travel well in the canning jars shown. Great for picnics!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 597IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 309mg | Iron: 2mg