Big & hearty Superfood Salad is filling and delicious!
- FOR THE SALAD
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce, washed, dried and sliced into 1" strips
- 1/2 Radicchio, sliced into thin ribbons
- 3 Kale (curly)washed with spine removed and torn into small pieces
- 1 Carrot, cut thinly or shaved in ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- Broccolini, sliced in half to make thin strips
- 2 Green Onions, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced length-wise
- 1 Avocado, sliced in 1" chunky pieces
- 6-8 Brussel Sprouts, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small Fennel, ends trimmed, thinly sliced about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Blueberries, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup Pecans, whole
- Flake Sea Salt and freshly ground lemon pepper for serving
- FOR THE LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mayo, or non-dairy mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Make Ingredient Swaps: Make your own combinations, and change up the broccolini for thin-sliced zucchini, and raspberries or blackberries instead of blueberries. Use any dark leafy greens that you like :)
- Add In's: Thinly sliced and warmed chicken breast or grilled shrimp make a satisfying addition to this salad.
- Same with adding cooked grains like quinoa
- Make it a Party: This recipe is easy to scale up for more people. For a large gathering, I set out two large platters and serve the dressing on the side.
- Meal prep or make it in advance: You can prep all these ingredients and store them separately in the refrigerator until you're ready to assemble. These can be done as a meal prep too, just keep the dressing separate in both cases until you're ready to eat.
- Buy Organic: I always buy organic if it's available.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 1040mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 10315IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 3mg