Lemon Artichoke Dip
Lemon Artichoke Dip is a party staple brightened up with fresh lemon. Easy and full of flavor, this baked hot party appetizer recipe is always a hit.
- 2 cans Artichoke hearts, water packed, drained 14.5 ounce cans, water packed
- 1 tablespoon Shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Pepper, freshly ground if possible
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Mayonnaise, light or non-dairy
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated Reserve 1/3 cup of cheese for the top
- 1 tbsp Italian Parsley, chopped fine
Preheat oven to 350 degreesPrepare a 10"x 2" x 7" ovenproof dish or glass pie pan by smearing a generous teaspoon of olive oil on the bottom so nothing sticks with baking. Drain the artichoke hearts in a colander, and use a paper towel to gently squeeze and dry them completely. Chop them roughly into bite-size pieces and place in a medium-sized bowl
Add the minced shallot, red pepper flakes, salt, garlic powder and pepper to the bowl, as well as the lemon juice, mayo or non-dairy mayo, if using.
Add the Parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley, combine the ingredients completely. Spoon the mixture in the baking dish and top with the reserved Parmesan cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes, until heated all the way through.Finish the dish by turning the oven OFF and the broiler ON for 3-6 minutes on the middle rack of your oven to brown the top of the dip.Remove from oven and serve with crackers, bread and cut vegetables
- This recipe is easy to travel with and bake right before serving.
- Keep it chilled in a container if you plan to transport it for any length of time, then transfer it to a baking dish at your destination.
- A favorite way to eat this dip is with warm, toasted sourdough bread. It's also tasty with a good quality potato chip or buttery cracker.
- For serving, cut up some carrots, celery and zucchini for more dipping options. Your low-carb loving friends will thank you :)
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 784mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 377IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 1mg