FESTIVE PARTY OLIVES
Festive Party Olives are great addition to holiday parties and are also good for everyday snacking. Try them on a cheeseboard, too!
- 1 1/2 cups green and kalamata olives, pits removed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh and minced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 bay leaf
- ground pepper, freshly ground
ASSEMBLE THE INGREDIENTS
Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowlCover with plastic wrap, and set aside to marinate at room temperature for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld together. Stir the mixture occasionally and carefully with a large spoon. FOR SERVING: Spoon the olives in a serving dish alongside toothpicks or a small spoon. Store in the fridge, the olives will keep for several weeks. Stir the olives each time before serving.
- This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups of Party Olives
- I used a combination of small, green pitted olives called manzanella and also pitted kalamata olives, but you could use all green or all kalamata, or any other variety you'd like - though I wouldn't use black olives here.
- For cutting the shallots, trim just a bit off the root end if needed to make it easier to peel the skin
- These olives are versatile, and everyone loves them, but experiment with other herbs like rosemary (leave the bay leaf out) and fresh lemon peel instead of orange. You can add less shallots if you aren't an onion fan, and add more red pepper flakes if you like it really spicy :)
- Make the olive mixture ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for a up to a week! Just let the mixture sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 529mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg