Carrots with Almonds
Carrots with Almonds are meltingly delicious - roasted in olive oil and sliced almonds. A great side dish year-round.
- 2 1/2 pounds Carrots, multi-colored, organic if possible
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed See tips
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Almonds, sliced
- Use freshly squeezed orange juice instead of lemon juice for slightly different, but very delicious flavor.
- Use all orange carrots if that's what you can find. Any variety will work!
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 31641IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg