NON DAIRY PUMPKIN SOUP
Creamy Pumpkin Soup is made with canned pumpkin puree and coconut milk - this one of the best easy pumpkin soup recipes for fall!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup carrots peeled and cut in 1/4" slices
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 cans vegetable broth 14 1/2 ounce cans, divided
- 2 cans pumpkin puree Unsweetened, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can coconut milk 14-ounce can (not coconut cream)
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 6 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp parsley, Italian flat leaf chopped, for garnish
- This recipe makes about 8 cups. Perfect as a starter for 6 people to serve before a fall dinner or lunch.
- Make sure to buy unsweetened, solid pack pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- Use sour cream if you'd like instead of plain yogurt.
- Or, use a plant-based plain yogurt to keep this recipe dairy-free
- I use Libby's brand pumpkin puree.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 929mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 26012IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 4mg