Veggie Cups With Hummus
Veggie Cups with Hummus are a fun, easy to hold veggie cup for parties when you want a portable appetizer!
- 8 ounces Hummus, store bought, plain or lemon flavor
- 3 Carrots peeled, cut in 1/2" thick batons orange carrots
- 3 Purple Carrots, peeled, cut in 1/2" thick batons
- 3 Radishes, halved and quartered if large
- 2 Watermelon Radish, peeled, cut in 1/4 rounds
- 1 English Cucumber, cut in 1/2 batons
- 1 Zucchini, cut in 1/2 batons
- 3 Celery, cut in 1/2 batons
- 6 Green Beans, ends trimmed
- 2 Orange Bell Pepper, 1/2 lengthwise slices
- 2 tbsp Italian Parsley, for serving
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, lemon flavored or regular
PREP THE VEGGIES
Wash all vegetables, peel and trim as needed. Dry with a clean dish towel before cutting as noted.
Cut your vegetables depending on the size of your plastic cups. To make a baton, cut the vegetable in half lengthwise, then cut each half again lengthwise, and again to make multiple long, 1'2" thick pieces. Cut these in half horizontally so that each baton is 4-5 inches long.
Place 2 rounded tablespoons of hummus in the bottom of each cup.
Place one or two pieces of each kind of vegetable in each cup.
Drizzle each cup with a little olive oil at the base on the cup near the hummus (about a 1/2 teaspoon) and top with a leaf or two of Italian (flat leaf) parsley.
Place the cups on a large platter or tray for serving.
This recipe was updated in December 2019
- This is a super flexible recipe, use any kind of vegetables you'd like!
- You can easily scale the quantity up or down for this recipe, no problem.
- I use the best quality organic vegetables I can find, especially from the Farmer's Market if available.
- Using a sharp knife will give your cut vegetables the best presentation
- For the Plastic Cups, I used a Chinet 9oz Clear Plastic Tumbler
- Whatever cup you use, one with a flared rim is best for easy filling and dipping.
- If you can find a bunch of carrots that are multi-colored, that's the way to go!
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 727mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 11802IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg