Ultimate Trail Mix with Cinnaomon Oat Clusters
Ultimate Trail Mix with Cinnamon Oat Clusters is a fantastic gourmet trail mix recipe that's sweet and salty and super versatile
- FOR THE TRAIL MIX:
- 1 cup California Mission Figs, cut in half
- 1 cup Dried Apricots, cut in half
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Wafers
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Sun Drops or other chocolate drop candy
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 cups Whole Toasted Pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted and Salted Almonds
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Salted Cashews
- 1 1/2 cups Cinnamon Oat Clusters (recipe follows)
- FOR THE CINNAMON OAT CLUSTERS
- 1 3/4 cups Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1 cup Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- 1/4 cup Flaked Coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (plus one tablespoon) Maple Syrup
Preheat oven to 375
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
Toast the pecans by placing them in a glass pie plate or on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
MAKE THE CINNAMON OAT CLUSTERS
Combine the oats, brown rice cereal, coconut, salt, cinnamon and maple syrup in a medium-sized bowl. Gently mix all the ingredients together, tossing with your hands until combined.
Form the oat mixture into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick on the large baking sheet, patting the mixture down to keep it in place.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden. To not stir. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, break it into large clusters.
MAKE THE TRAIL MIX
Combine the California Mission Figs, apricots, chocolate wafers, chocolate sun drops, cranberries, pecans, almonds, cashews, and oat clusters in a large bowl.
Carefully toss the ingredients to combine, noting that that Cinnamon Oat Clusters are a bit fragile when combined with the nut mixture, so sprinkle them on top.
Present the trail mix in small bags or in a jar with a scoop. Store in an airtight container.
Makes about 11 cups
- If you can't find Sun Drops Candy just use another brand of your choice.
- There will be more Cinnamon Oat Clusters than you need for the recipe, but they are great for snacking or with yogurt, and keep for a couple weeks in a ziplock bag or other sealed container.
- This recipe was updated in December 2019
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg