This Pineapple Slushie is cool, refreshing and not too sweet, and puts the spotlight on the ripest fruit available. Frozen fruit works great too!
- FOR THE SMOOTHIE
- 3 cups Pineapple cut in chunks, frozen
- 1 cup Nectarine cut in chunks, frozen
- 1 ½ cups Coconut Water
- ½ cup Lemon or Peach Sorbet
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- FOR THE FRUIT SKEWERS
- ¼ cup Kiwi, peeled, sliced
- ¼ cup Blueberries, whole
- ¼ cup Strawberries, cut in half
- ¼ cup Blackberries, whole
- ¼ cup Fresh basil or mint leaves, whole To add in between the fruit
- 4 Wooden skewers, 6 inch
- 4 Colorful straws as garnish, optional
FOR THE SMOOTHIEPlace the frozen pineapple and nectarine chunks in a blender, along with the coconut water, sorbet and honey Mix the ingredients in an electric blender on high speed until completely smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape the mixture down from the sides, about 2 minutes. Add more coconut water in small amounts if the consistency is too thick.Add more honey if you want the slushee sweeter. Divide into glasses and garnish with a fruit skewer and straws, if desired. FOR THE FRUIT SKEWERSCarefully thread one or two of each fruit onto a 6" wooden skewer, including a basil or mint leaf randomly when threading the fruit, leaving about 2" of space on the bottom.Repeat to make four skewers
- For the pineapple and nectarine, cut them into rough chunks, put in a freezer bag and freeze for an hour or two. Or use pre-cut frozen fruit!
- Add a little more coconut water if the mixture is too thick when blending.
- Add more honey if you like it sweeter
- Add vodka or rum if you want to serve this a party slushee
- Cut the wooden skewers to 6" from a larger skewer if you can't find 6"
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 289IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg