Fresh Fruit Crepes
Fresh Fruit Crepes are delicious for brunch or dessert..this sweet crepes recipe has fresh berries and ricotta and is dusted with powdered sugar too
- 2 Eggs, large
- 6 tablespoons Flour
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Brandy or Cognac optional
- Pinch Salt
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest, fresh
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Melted butter to cook the crepes
- 16 ounces Ricotta, fresh 2 cups
- 1 ½ teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest, freshly grated
- Pinch Salt
- 2 cups Berries such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar, for serving
MAKE THE CREPES
Place the eggs, flour, milk, brandy or cognac (if using) salt, lemon zest and sugar in an electric blender and process until completely smooth. Transfer to a container with a handle and pour spout, like a Pyrex 2 cup liquid glass measuring cup.
Heat an 8" non-stick skillet on medium high heat and brush with some of the melted butter.
Working quickly, spoon 3 tablespoons of the crepe batter in the pan, making a circle with the batter in the middle, and filling in gaps with a little bit more batter. Tilt the pan and cook until set, about 1 1/2 minutes or when the outside edges look a bit dry. Carefully flip using an non-stick spatula and continue cooking for another 30 seconds or so. Place crepes on wax paper with the crepe folded in half until ready to fill. Makes about eight crepes.
PREPARE THE WHIPPED RICOTTA
Using a food processor or hand held mixer, add the ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, sugar, milk, lemon zest and salt and mix together until the mixture is light and smooth. Taste and add more sugar if you like it a little sweeter.
Place the berries in bowl and drizzle with the maple syrup. Carefully fold together until all the berries are coated.
To assemble, fold each crepe in half and spoon about a 1/4 cup of the whipped ricotta mixture inside, then fold in half again. Place them on a large platter, or portion 2 of them on smaller plates to make four servings.
Spoon the berries over the top, and garnish with powdered sugar.
- Be sure to use a non-stick skillet to make crepes, they should slide right off the skillet when cooked.
- Not a fan of blackberries? Try using just strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Any combination will be delicious!
- Use any combination of berries you'd like for this recipe!
- The cognac/brandy is totally optional in this recipe
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 1mg