Strawberry Spinach Goat Cheese Salad
Strawberry Spinach Goat Cheese Salad has delicious fresh flavors, made brighter with a fresh zesty lemon dressing
- 4 ½ cups Spinach, fresh, rinsed and dried, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups Mache, lambs ear or butter lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn
- 1 pound Asparagus, washed and dried with bottom woody parts removed
- 2 tablespoons Shallot, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons Sliced Almonds
- 2 cups Strawberries, organic if possible, sliced
- FOR THE LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
Remove the woody bottoms of the asparagus with a paring knife or vegetable peeler. Place asparagus in a medium saucepan with just enough water to cover the bottom, along with a pinch of salt.Turn heat to medium high and bring to a light (not rolling) boil. Cook until the water is evaporated and the asparagus is bright green, about four minutes. Remove asparagus from pan and quickly place it a bowl of cold water with ice cubes to stop the cooking process and help retain the bright green color. Let the asparagus sit in cold water for about five minutes, then remove and pat them dry carefully on clean paper towels.
PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE
Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to completely combine. Alternatively, put all ingredients in a small canning jar with a lid, shaking it for several minutes until combined.
PLATE THE SALADS
Divide the greens onto four plates, then divide the spears of the asparagus onto each plate. Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of shallot on each plate, and a tablespoon or so each of the crumbled goat cheese and sliced almonds. Divide the strawberries on each plate, then drizzle with a generous tablespoon of the vinaigrette, and more for serving if desired.
- Try honey roasted sliced almonds instead of plain, super delish!
- Use a bit more honey in the vinaigrette if you like it sweeter
- Remove the woody bottom part of each asparagus spear with a vegetable peeler
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 4788IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 5mg