Maple Roasted Squash with Goat Cheese
Maple Roasted Squash with Goat Cheese has crispy edges and creamy cheese, great side dish!
- 2 Acorn Squash, seeds removed, sliced 2" thick
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- FOR SERVING
- 1/3 cup Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley (flat leaf) chopped fine
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
Heat oven to 400 and position oven rack to the bottom third
Place some parchment paper on a standard baking sheet (approx. 18" x 13") to cover the bottom.
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, sea salt, pepper and crushed pepper - whisk with a fork to combine.
Add the cut squash and use your fingers to rub the mixture onto each sliced piece. Place the squash pieces on a single layer on the baking sheet.Scrape all the seasonings and maple syrup from the sides and bottom of the bowl to get it all on the squash.
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, then remove from the oven and using tongs, carefully turn each piece over.
Lower the oven temperature to 375, and continue baking for another 35-40 minutes, until squash is knife-tender and crispy and brown on the edges.
Remove from oven and place on serving platter.
To serve, crumble goat cheese, Italian Parsley, olive oil and salt on top of the squash and serve on a platter.
- This recipe makes a lot of roasted squash, so cut the recipe in half if you'd like
- This makes for a rather dramatic presentation when you serve it on a nice white platter, which shows off the great colors and textures of the squash
- When placing the squash on your baking sheet, be sure to scrape all the maple syrup and seasonings from the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula or your fingers to get every bit
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 635mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 880IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg