How to Make the Strawberry Acai Refresher
Here's a Starbucks copycat for the Strawberry Acai Refresher to enjoy at home!
- 1 cup White Grape juice or Sparkling Apple Juice
- 1 cup Green Tea, regular or decaffeinated
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ Nectarine, peeled
- ½ teaspoon Acai Powder see note
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Ice, crushed
Using a large jar with a lid - like a Mason jar that will hold at least 3 cups - add the grape or apple juice, the green tea, and the lemon juice.
Using a food processor, mini prep processor or electric blender, add the strawberries, the half of peeled nectarine and the acai powder and blend together for a minute until completely smooth. Pour into the jar with the juice and green tea.
Put the lid on, shake and swirl until it's combined. Next, pour this mixture through a fine mesh strainer, coaxing it with a spoon, then discard the pulp. This step is optional, but makes the drink less prone to separate when serving. To serve, using two glasses, layer crushed ice and a few sliced fresh strawberries, then pour the drink over, adding a bit more ice on top and another fresh strawberry on top. Enjoy!
- Acai powder is available in many well-stocked grocery and natural foods stores, or online.
- Straining the drink after you add the pureed fruit is optional, but the drink will separate quickly. Strain all the liquids together - after combining the juice and tea with the pureed fruit. It's an easy step that takes just a few minutes, and is worth the effort!
- Store the refresher in the mason jar with lid in the refrigerator until ready to serve over ice for up to 2 days.
- Sparkling apple juice is my pick for this drink instead of white grape juice. It adds a little sparkle to the final drink.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.03g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 128IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg