Taco Pie with Crescent Rolls
Here's an easy dinner recipe that has a crescent roll crust and ground turkey. Taco Pie with Crescent Rolls is a great weeknight dinner!
- 1 8 ounce tube Crescent Rolls
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 pounds Ground Turkey Meat See Tips
- 1 1.4 ounce package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 ounce can Green Chili's, diced, mild
- 1 1/2 cups Salsa, mild or medium, chunky style
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 15 ounce can Refried Beans
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half or quarters, juices removed by lightly squeezing
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream, for serving
- 1 cup Iceburg Lettuce, shredded, for serving
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 or 9.5" Pyrex pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Remove the crescent roll dough from the tube, spread and stretch it lightly with your hands, then pinch the seams together as best you can and tuck any stray edges underneath the edges of the pie plate. Lift the dough into the pie pan and lightly press it in to the pan, pinching any seams together and crimping the edges of the dough together as you would pie crust. Add the olive oil to a large skillet, then add the ground turkey and cook until it's browned, then add the taco seasoning mix, the green chili's (undrained), the salsa and the water. Mix together and cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the moisture has absorbed, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool for a few minutes while you assemble the the rest of the pie.
Spoon the refried beans into a medium-sized bowl with a tablespoon of the salsa and mix together, then spread it evenly on the bottom of the pie dish onto the crescent roll crust. This will be your first layer of the pie.
Spoon the slightly cooled turkey mixture on top of the refried beans. Top with the shredded cheese, and top with the cut cherry tomatoes and sliced green onion.
Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Garnish with shredded lettuce and sour cream.
- You can use 1- 1/4 pounds of ground meat in this recipe. Some pre-packaged ground turkey is a generally one and a quarter pounds, which is fine.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 809mg | Potassium: 518mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 986IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 2mg