STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE IN A JAR
Strawberry Cheesecake in a jar is a fun way to eat dessert. It's easy to put together and no-bake, so use the prettiest berries you can find.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time30 mins
- FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- FOR THE CHEESE LAYER
- 1 8 ounce light cream cheese softened
- 1 8 ounce light ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- FOR THE STRAWBERRIES
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (organic preferred) sliced in 1/4" pieces
- whipped cream, for serving plus additional slioced strawberries and fresh mint if desired, for serving
Make graham cracker crumbs by adding enough graham crackers to a food processor to make 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. This is approximately 8 sheets of graham cracker, plus a quarter. Alternatively, you can make crumbs by using a blender in the "crush" mode or equivalent, or by placing the graham crackers in a large plastic freezer bag and using a rolling pin to crush to a sandy consistency.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and set aside.
MAKE THE CHEESE LAYER
Mix the cheeses using a hand mixer or the food processor you just made the graham cracker crumbs in. Place the cream cheese and ricotta cheese in a medium-sized bowl and blend until the two ingredients are combined. Don't mix too long or the cheeses will be too heavy and dense.
Add the sugar to the cheese mixture and mix until just combined
Add the lemon zest and lemon extract and stir gently with a spoon to combine
PREPARE THE STRAWBERRIES
Combine the strawberry jam and the 1/2 teaspoon water in a medium-sized bowl, and stir together to loosen the jam before adding the fresh strawberries. Gently toss the strawberries in the jam mixture to evenly coat.
ASSEMBLE THE CHEESECAKES
Lightly pat 1/4 cup of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each jar using your fingers or a small spoon
Spoon 1/2 cup of the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust
Divide the strawberry mixture between each cup and garnish with a tablespoon or more of whipped cream, a fresh strawberry sliced in half, and some fresh mint if you'd like.
- Use half-pint canning jars for this recipe, or small disposable plastic cups
- You can make this recipe into 6 servings instead of 4 by dividing the ingredients equally in smaller plastic cups. Just eyeball this to distribute the ingredients.
- Strawberry Cheesecake in a Jar can be served in long stem glasses too - such as a wide-mouth red wine glass - this presentation looks especially pretty.
- The cheesecakes travel well in the canning jars shown. Great for picnics!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 597IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 309mg | Iron: 2mg