Dark Cherry Smoothies
Dark Cherry Smoothies are so refreshing after yoga or for a breakfast or snack
- For the SMOOTHIES
- 1 can Canned Coconut Milk, full fat variety, with the top solid portion of the can reserved. Approx. 13.5 ounce can
- 1 10 ounce Cherries, dark, sweet, frozen
- 1/2 cup Milk, regular, coconut or almond
- 1/2 cup Banana, cut in chunks
- 1/2 tsp Lemon, fresh squeezed See Recipe Note
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract or vanilla
- For the COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, pure
- 1/3 cup Coconut Cream layer, reserved from above
- Toasted Coconut for serving
- Pitted Cherries with stems for serving
Make the SMOOTHIES
Open the can of coconut cream and spoon out about 1/3 cup of the solid cream. Place in a medium-sized bowl. Freeze for 15 minutes.
Pour the remaining contents of the coconut cream can into a blender.
Add the frozen cherries to the blender.Add the milk of your preference to the blender.
Add the banana, lemon juice, honey and almond extract too.
Whiz everything together until completely smooth, adding a bit more milk if its too thick, and a bit more honey if you like it sweeter.
Pour into glasses. Garnish with whipped coconut cream, toasted coconut and cherry, if desired.
Make the COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
Whip the the cold coconut cream in a medium-sized bowl with the vanilla and maple syrup until its smooth and fluffy. Serve on top of the smoothies.
This recipe was updated in November 2019.
- If you don't have a lemon, just leave it out.
- This recipe makes six 1/2 cup servings, but feel free to adjust the serving size as needed.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 66IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg