This is my take on a Superfood Salad — big, hearty and full of clean, hearty ingredients.
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- FOR THE SALAD
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce, washed, dried and cut in 1" pieces
- 1/2 Radicchio, sliced in thin ribbons
- 3 Kale (curly)washed with spine removed and torn into small pieces
- 1 Carrot, shaved in ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- Broccolini, sliced thin
- 2 Green Onions, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced length-wise
- 1 Avocado, sliced in 1" pieces
- 6-8 Brussel Sprouts, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small Fennel, ends trimmed, thinly sliced about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Blueberries, fresh washed and dried
- 1/2 cup Pecans, whole
- Flake Sea Salt and freshly ground lemon pepper for serving Maldon
- FOR THE LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mayo, or non-dairy mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
MAKE THE SALAD
Prepare all the vegetables as directed and arrange them by distributing the ingredients as evenly as possible on four plates or bowls. Alternatively, you can use a large platter.
MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE
Whisk all the ingredients except the olive oil together in a medium-sized bowl.
Drizzle in the olive oil slowly while whisking to combine and emulsify the mixture. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking - meaning you can add a bit more honey or salt or pepper.
This recipe was updated in January, 2020.
- I buy organic vegetables whenever possible, and they are preferred here.
- You can use regular broccoli instead of the smaller broccolini, just slice it thinly so it isn't a challenge to eat.
- Try walnuts instead of pecans if you like!
- Add 1/2 cup cooked grains like quinoa for an even heartier salad.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 1040mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 10315IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 3mg