Farmers Market Salad
Farmer's Market Salad flexible, using the best ingredients of the season. This easy vegetarian salad recipe that's quick too.
- 1 medium Zucchini, cut in rounds, then quarters, 1/2" thick see recipe notes
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp Italian(flat leaf) Parsley, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp Basil, fresh, sliced thin
- 2 Carrots, outside part only shaved lengthwise with a vegetable peeler
- 1 medium Cucumber, cut in rounds, quarters, 1/2" thick
- 1 Avocado, skin removed and pitted, cut in 1/2" chunks
- 1/2 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt, flaky like Maldon
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated plus more for garnish
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 6 tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, flaky, like Maldon
PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE
Place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix together with a whisk or fork to combine.
Alternatively, you can place all ingredients in a jar with a lid, shaking the mixture until it's combined. Taste the vinaigrette and adjust the seasonings if needed - sometimes you need a little more salt or honey for example.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD
Place all the vegetables in a large bowl.
Spoon some of the vinaigrette around the sides of the bowl, and gently turn the whole mixture over once or twice with a large spoon, making sure to scrape the vinaigrette off the sides as you go.
Drizzle more vinaigrette over the mixture and turn the vegetables over again with the spoon.
Season with lemon pepper, salt and Parmesan Cheese.
Divide the salad on four plates and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Use any combination of vegetables you want to measure 5 cups
- I use a Lemon Pepper that comes in it's own grinder from Trader Joes
- Maille is my all-time favorite Dijon Mustard
- Maldon is my favorite flaky sea salt
- This recipe was updated in December, 2019
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 598mg | Potassium: 655mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5760IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 1mg