Strawberry Asparagus Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
Strawberry Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is a perfect spring or summer salad with lots of fresh flavors, made brighter with a fresh zesty lemon dressing
- 4 1/2 cups Spinach, fresh, rinsed and dried, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Mache, lambs ear or butter lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn
- 1 pound Asparagus, washed and dried with bottom woody parts removed
- 2 tablespoons Shallot, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons Sliced Almonds
- 2 cups Strawberries, organic if possible, sliced
- FOR THE LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
Remove the woody bottoms of the asparagus with a paring knife or vegetable peeler. Place asparagus in a medium saucepan with just enough water to cover the bottom, along with a pinch of salt.Turn heat to medium high and bring to a light (not rolling) boil. Cook until the water is evaporated and the asparagus is bright green, about 4 minutes. Remove asparagus from pan and quickly place it a bowl of cold water with ice cubes to stop the cooking process and help retain the bright green color. Let the asparagus sit in cold water for about 5 minutes, then remove and pat them dry carefully on clean paper towels.
PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE
Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to completely combine. Alternatively, put all ingredients in a small canning jar with a lid, shaking it for several minutes until combined.
PLATE THE SALADS
Divide the greens onto four plates, then divide the spears of the asparagus onto each plate. Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of shallot on each plate, and a tablespoon or so each of the crumbled goat cheese and sliced almonds. Divide the strawberries on each plate, then drizzle with a generous tablespoon of the vinaigrette, and more for serving if desired.
- Try honey roasted sliced almonds instead of plain, super delish!
- Use a bit more honey in the vinaigrette if you like it sweeter
- Remove the woody bottom part of each asparagus spear with a vegetable peeler
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 4788IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 5mg