Modern Carrot Salad
Modern Carrot Salad is a riff off the classic carrot salad recipe, and is a great vegetable side dish
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 pound Carrots, organic if possible
- 1 1/2 tbsp Shallot, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons Italian (flat leaf) Parsley Plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange Zest, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Currants, dried
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 tablespoon Orange Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Pepper, freshly grated
Make the SALAD
Wash, peel and rewash the carrots.
Trim off the ends, and using a spiralizer or box grater with large holes, grate the carrots and place in a medium size bowl.
Finely dice the shallot and place it in the bowl with the carrots.
Add the chopped flat leaf parsley, fresh orange zest and dried currants.
MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE
Combine all the ingredients in a small glass bowl and whisk together (a fork works fine if you don't have a whisk.) Alternatively, put the ingredients in a canning jar with a lid and shake it to combine.
Pour the vinaigrette slowly over the salad, gently tossing the ingredients together with a large spoon, using enough vinaigrette to completely coat it.
Season with a another twist of lemon pepper and a pinch of sea or flake salt, transfer to serving platter or bowl and add the remaining flat leaf parsley for garnish.
- This recipe was updated December 2019.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 267mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 12742IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg