Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Dill
Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Dill is an easy and delicious dinner that comes together quickly, and is even better with a side of cooked rice or risotto.
- 2 tbsp. Butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Shallot, chopped fine
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound Large Shrimp (16-22/lb) peeled, deveined, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp Flat Leaf Italian Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Dill Leaves, fresh, chopped
Melt the butter and olive oil in a non-stick 10" skillet over medium heat.
Add the shallot salt to the pan, cook until the onions are soft but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, being careful not to let the mixture brown. Add the cherry tomatoes and red pepper flakes, stirring to combine everything.Add the fresh lemon juice and water and continue to cook until tomatoes are soft but not mushy, 5-7 minutes more. Push the tomato mixture to one side of the skillet and add the shrimp, remaining tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp are pink on both sides, about 3 minutes total.
Gently combine the tomato mixture with the shrimp in the middle of the pan.
Add another grind of pepper, pinch of salt and teaspoon of fresh lemon juice if needed. Add the fresh dill and parsley, and lightly stir.
Serve with prepared rice or risotto.
- This recipe was updated in December 2019
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 302mg | Sodium: 1263mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1325IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 4mg