Fresh Tangerine Sorbet
- 1 cup Minus one tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh tangerine zest
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vodka optional
- 2 cups fresh squeezed tangerine or orange juice
Place all ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until the ingredients are combined and the sugar is dissolved, about a minute.
Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a medium bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until chilled.
Transfer the mixture into an ice cream machine, and process based on your machine's instructions.
The sorbet will be somewhat soft after its time in the machine. Transfer the mixture to a container with tight-fitting lid, and freeze for two hours or overnight until firm.
Store sorbet in a container with a tight-fitting lid for up to a week.
- If you can't find tangerines, don't worry! Totally fine to use fresh organic oranges instead.
- Leave the vodka out if you want....the consistency will be a less soft, but still scoop-able and it won't affect the flavor.
- If you don't have a food processor, just use a blender instead.
- This is a fun dessert to serve with a big plate of cookies! Girl's night, casual dinners, BBQ's - you get the idea.
- This sorbet will stay fresh in your freezer for up to a week, just store it in a sealed container with a tight-fitting lid.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 60g | Vitamin A: 248IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg