Turkey Burger With Pepperjack And Cranberry
This Turkey Burger with Pepperjack and Cranberry has unexpected flavors that are amazing
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast meat
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, large
- 2 tbsp shallot, cut into small dice
- 1 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 4 hamburger buns or rolls sliced and toasted under the broiler just before serving
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixed with 2 tsp. dijon mustard for serving
- Cranberry sauce for serving (recipe link in post)
- Watercress or arugula tossed with 1 tsp. of olive oil and pinch of sea salt for serving
Place ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, shallot, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, parsley and dried red pepper flakes in a large bowl. With clean hands, mix gently until everything is combined. Form into 4 patties.
Heat a nonstick 9 or 10" pan on medium heat with enough olive oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan, add the four patties (don't crowd them) and cook for 7-8 minutes per side until completely cooked through and not pink, turning once.
Note: turkey meat should always be cooked completely or to an internal temperature of 165 by using a meat thermometer.
Before the last couple minutes of cooking, add two slices of cheese to each patty (you can put the lid on your pan to help the cheese melt.)
Toast the hamburger buns under the broiler, then add a tablespoon or so of the mayo/mustard mixture, top with the cheesy patty, and garnish with a tablespoon (or to taste) of cranberry sauce. Add about 1/4 cup of fresh greens on top to finish.
My favorite cranberry sauce recipe link is included in the body of this post.
- This recipe was updated December 2019
Calories: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 181mg | Sodium: 1018mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 688IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 548mg | Iron: 4mg