Here’s an easy-to-make indulgence, Chocolate Bark with Pretzels! Perfect to satisfy those sweet and salty cravings, and great for gifting too!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Who among us doesn’t love a sweet and salty treat? Not many, and this recipe is fun to make whenever that craving strikes. This recipe is super easy, requires no special skills, and is the perfect combination for the ultimate candy bark!
Here’s a few good reasons to make it:
- This tasty treat is delicious and very satisfying to make. The combo of sweet, rich, dark chocolate and salty pretzels is classic, and the flavors go together perfectly.
- It’s super easy, with no candy thermometer needed.
- Customize it! Try different chocolate types – dark or white – and other ingredients like pistachios and dried fruit.
- It’s a perfect little hostess or shower gift for friends, or just to say “thanks” when wrapped in a cellophane package with a ribbon.
- This is a great activity for kids or friends..and a fun way to spend some time in the afternoon!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the full recipe and list of ingredients, please scroll to the recipe card below.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate: For its deep, almost bitter flavor.
- White Chocolate Chips or Bar: Totally optional here, but you can drizzle it over the top (or make white chocolate bark if you’d like).
- Milk Chocolate: Use chips or a bar, or any shape you like.
- Pretzels: The salty, straight kind are my preference.
- Nuts: Butter toffee peanuts are amazing on this, but regular peanuts work too.
Step-By Step Instructions
- Make a double boiler to melt the chocolate by using a medium saucepan that’s filled with an inch or two or water, then set a metal or heatproof bowl inside, being careful not to let the bowl touch the water.
- Bring it to a gentle boil over medium-low heat, then melt chocolate stirring it occasionally until it’s fully melted and smooth.
- Alternatively, if you don’t want to use the double boiler method above, you can microwave the chocolate in a glass bowl in 30-second increments until it melts, stirring occasionally.
3. Next, pour the melted chocolate down the middle of a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and smooth it out with a rubber spatula, or use an offset-spatula.
4. Sprinkle with the nuts and pretzels in an even layer. If using white chocolate too, just drizzle it over the top before adding the nuts and pretzels.
5. Let it chill for about 30 minutes in a cool spot, then break it up into smaller pieces with a knife and enjoy!
Tips and Possible Variations
- Add a little sprinkle of sea salt on top if you’d like.
- You could also add a little bit of colored candy sprinkles to make it extra cute.
- I like a sweet candied peanut or almond on this bark – the butter toffee kind, but use any variety of nuts that you’d like.
- Try mixing a combination of semi-sweet and milk chocolate together for this bark, it’s so good!
- Skip the white chocolate entirely, or drizzle some over the top before adding the peanuts and pretzels for variation.
- Make this for a special party or any kind of gathering such as bridal or baby showers. Stack pieces on a nice platter or footed candy dish.
- During the holiday season, sprinkle crushed candy canes on top and use this salty-sweet treat for cookie exchanges.
- You can also pack it up in small cellophane bags and tie with a ribbon for gifting or a bake sale, or for a great edible gift.
- If you’re making this for a party, some other things that would go well with it are a chocolatey hummus served with best quality cookies, some cute little jam pies like this or like these, these incredibly good chocolate dipped strawberries, and these white chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Make some non-sweet things for such an event too. I’d suggest this super cute veggie platter that’s so colorful and tasty, this fresh fig pizza that’s sweet and savory, and this all-time favorite Lemon Artichoke Dip that’s always a big hit. Have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure can! You can use dark, semi-sweet, ultra dark, white or milk or a combination of dark and milk. Use chocolate bars, chips or chocolate melts.
You bet! Use other candies, sprinkles, chopped nuts, or dried fruit. Just be sure to drop them on top while the chocolate is still melted.
About 1-2 hours, but you can pop the tray in the freezer or refrigerator to speed up the process.
More Recipes to Try
- Easy White Chocolate Pretzel Bark: Another version of chocolate bark to try.
- Ice Cream Cake with Peanut Butter Ganache: An easy and wonderful recipe.
- Chocolate Covered Popcorn: This is another easy recipe for a sweet and salty treat.
- Dark Chocolate Trail Mix: Here’s an awesome snack, easy to customize.
- Easy Chocolate Covered Pecans: Nice with cheese and crackers, even.
If you’ve tried Easy Chocolate Bark with Pretzels, or any other recipe on Studio Delicious, please rate the recipe 5 stars and tell me how you liked it in comments below!
Looking for more tips and fresh, homemade recipes? Join my email list, tag and follow me on Instagram using #studiodeliciouseats, follow my boards on Pinterest, and see what I’m up to on Facebook and Twitter!
Easy Chocolate Bark with Pretzels
- 1 pound Chocolate, white, semi-sweet or milk in any combination
- 1 cup Pretzel Sticks
- 1 cup Butter Toffee Peanuts or Almonds
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Make a double boiler by using a medium saucepan and filling it with it a quarter of the way with water. Bring to a gentle boil. Place a metal or heat-safe bowl inside the saucepan, but don't let it touch the water. The bowl should sit comfortably in the saucepan without touching the bottom or the water. Place the chocolate in the bowl and let it sit for a few minutes to melt, then stir occasionally with a rubber spatula. When melted, carefully pull the bowl out of the saucepan (use a towel to anchor it and catch any hot water drippings) …stir the chocolate a few more times to make sure it's smooth. Pour the melted chocolate down the middle of the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread it into a roughly-sized nine or ten inch rectangle. Add the pretzels and the nuts in decorative shapes all over the top.
- Let it cool completely by placing it in the refrigerator or freezer or cool place for 30 minutes, break it up with a knife and serve.
- Add sprinkles or other candy or nuts on top if you’d like.
- I like a sweet peanut or almond on this – the butter toffee kind, but use any variety of nuts that you’d like.
- Try a combination of semi-sweet and milk chocolate for this bark, it’s so good!
- Skip the white chocolate entirely, or drizzle it over the top before adding the peanuts and pretzels for variation.
- Super important to read the whole recipe before you begin
- Pay attention to the ingredient list and photos for the recipe
- If possible, prep your ingredients a little before you start
- Always use a sharp knife for safety
- Use the size of pan called for in the recipe
- For savory recipes, taste and season as you go
- Buy fresh, organic ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible
Please rate this recipe and thanks for leaving a comment!